Author Topic: Markell's Proposals for Gun 'Control'  (Read 19547 times)

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
Re: Markell's Proposals for Gun 'Control'
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »
The use of a large capacity magazine would not be prohibited at ranges, but you will not be allowed to transport them there.Plus, you would have to keep the mag 20 ft. from your gun in your home.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:37:47 PM by frank »

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 03:54:13 AM »
I agree with you, it is not done done until it is delivered. It is my understanding from the text - "...Banning the Manufacture, Sale, Delivery ..." - that taken the delivery or transfer of the rifle would be illegal if the law passes. I hope you guys get yours on your hands before that. I see many people rushing to get things and getting into backorders, I don't think the FFLs will be allowed to accept the transfers if the law passes.

I would assume your Daniel Defense AR15 will still arrive, as you paid for it and its considered sold. Therefore a pre-ban AR. But what do I know....
Exactly. One of the best lessons I've learned in my young life so far is "nothing is done, until its done done". Until my DD is in my hands and possession, its not done done. Spoke to DD today and it should ship out Thursday or Friday! Haha, just notice Daniel Defense, Done Done, are both DD

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/   nice , easy , fast email to all the officials.   So they can delete more junk.

I never fill out that kind of Web form... but I just did. Thanks.

Same
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:56:26 AM by Condition 1 »

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 10:06:47 AM »
Some of your colleagues will be opposed to what we’re trying to do,” Schwartzkopf said. “It doesn’t make any sense to me. We dress you up, we train you, we put you in a bullet proof vest to protect your life. Then we’re going to allow the bad guys to have better weapons than you guys? It makes no sense

What do all of you make of this paragraph?

So, Under our course for CCDW,  we can meet force with equal force.  Our 2cd admendment, provides us with the right to bear arms to protect our family.
  So by the news media saying assualt weapons are in the wrong hands, and this Politician saying they are. 
Then, Isn't this enougth to justify equal force? 

Untill they can go a year without reporting some bad guy owning a AR, then they have no justifacation for taking ours?
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
Yes, SOME assault weapons MAY be in the wrong hands, but so are Hammers and BASEBALL Bats.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

kimmie

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »
This is all OUTRIGHT BS.  Changing the perimeter around schools to 1000 feet, I don't know about any other schools, but where I'm at (Delmar), that would make it where I'd have to be on Route 13 if I was to pick my son up from school (if I was carrying).  Like sickos like Lanza really CARE about those perimeters to begin with.  HELLO he didn't even have the LEGAL RIGHT to possess a gun.  EVERYTHING Criminals do is illegal, this ONLY has an effect on Joe (or in my case Jane) Doe the Law Abiding Citizen. 

These idiots don't listen either.  How many voices came together about the Healthcare Bill and/or Taxes on 9/12 in DC - 1.5 MILLION (I was there) and did they listen?  NOPE.  I've written the Carp (Carper) NUMEROUS times (Coons & Carney as well) and ALL of them are ignorant as all get out, TOTALLY ignoring what I said in my letters!  Carper CLAIMS he's a Gun Owner ...but I'd bet he'd lay down and hand his over if he was told to!

This is nothing more than PURE GUN CONTROL and has NO EFFECT on the crime rates ...look at ANY city/state where they have the HIGHEST Gun Control and they'll have the HIGHEST crime rates too!  And then look at Kennesaw GA - mandatory for EVERY head of household to own a gun and low to no Crime!
Retired Navy Vet, Married w/2 kids.  Work in Salisbury MD.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »
   Kimmie, if the lawyers are right in the wording,   CCDW , you can be within bounderys. 

I think they figured out how many teachers carry?
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 12:58:19 PM »
As a CCDW permit holder, I'm glad it looks like we will be exempted from most of the proposed restrictions.

As a hard-lefty liberal, this means that relatively wealthy white folks (like us) will be exempted. Not a big surprise. If the CCDW system wasn't biased toward us, it wouldn't cost $500+ to get our first permit.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »
I asked how can we get the word out, to let everyone know the truth. I posed that question to Dave Lawson, in light of the fact that the media and press are biased, and do not want us to be able to tell the truth, how do we reach the masses? His answer was short, social media. Facebook and Twitter are read by many millions. Let us start flooding these sites with facts not the current lies, distortions and half-truths currently being used by the anti-gunners. Use verifiable facts, do not get emotional, do not use tired rehetoric, like "from my cold dead hands" (more fuel to call us crazed rednecks), write intelligently, check your spelling, and do not call others brilliant names. Pass the word, tell all like minded persons to like these pro-gun posts. Let's send a STRONG message to the politicians and anti-gunners.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 03:44:47 PM »
Good going Frank,
Don't forget, some of "old folks" don't do Facebook or Twitter, but we all do Email or you wouldn't be reading this forum. If you email everyone on your list, and they email their list, and they email their list, soon almost everyone in Delaware  and other states will be contacted with "the Massage" of Freedom.

As I said before, we need to hammer the opposition about this. The legislators that support us, support us. It's those that don't, we need to make their lives miserable with contacts.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 04:04:03 PM »
Thank you Strum, be sure to be polite when you contact your politician, but politely remind them you will be watching how they vote on gun issues, and that you will remember and vote accordingly next election.

Bmel17

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »
I asked how can we get the word out, to let everyone know the truth. I posed that question to Dave Lawson, in light of the fact that the media and press are biased, and do not want us to be able to tell the truth, how do we reach the masses? His answer was short, social media. Facebook and Twitter are read by many millions. Let us start flooding these sites with facts not the current lies, distortions and half-truths currently being used by the anti-gunners. Use verifiable facts, do not get emotional, do not use tired rehetoric, like "from my cold dead hands" (more fuel to call us crazed rednecks), write intelligently, check your spelling, and do not call others brilliant names. Pass the word, tell all like minded persons to like these pro-gun posts. Let's send a STRONG message to the politicians and anti-gunners.

I couldn't agree with this more.  I personally have been posting and reposting as much factual items as I can to my facebook. I am sure it has pissed some of my "friends" off but I could care less.  Standing up for my freedoms and the freedoms of others are more important than upsetting someone I went to high school with. 

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »
Same here. I am on twitter and follow a large contingent of 2nd amendment supporters.
New Castle County