Author Topic: Daily Clear  (Read 4347 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Daily Clear
« on: October 09, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who clears their carry at the end of every day.  I have other means at the ready when home.  The problem is that the rim of the chambered casing gets significant burrs from the ejector.  Does anyone have a better method?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Daily Clear
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »
In a combined response to this post and the tarnished range brass: when you go to the range, shoot the round that you have been ejecting daily.  In response to this post: just unholster and put it in your safe. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 02:47:59 PM »
In a combined response to this post and the tarnished range brass: when you go to the range, shoot the round that you have been ejecting daily.  In response to this post: just unholster and put it in your safe. 

What he said.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 09:51:39 PM »
I have a home defensive system along with my CCW weapons. I do not unload and reload the next day. I also so do not have any children in my home. Yes it is only myself and my wife. As  you all know ejecting and then charging the weapon every day will cause setback. Setback can cause a Kaboom. I would suggest if your lifestyle allows put your carry weapon,loaded in the vault. I have a loaded Glock in my vault and it has card on it that indicates a LOADED WEAPON. In my thirty years in LE I never unloaded and charged the weapon on a daily basis. Including my gun vault my home is equipped with an alarm system contected  to DE Electric Signal in Dover. You have to do what it takes to keep you protected but you also have to protect any children in the home.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:57:48 PM »
The only time my weapon is unloaded is when I clean it. Other than that I keep it loaded-safety on- and on me or within reach 24/7.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 01:06:55 AM »
It sounds like you're the only one! 

Really, it does sound like a lot of extra work.  Perhaps I'm just too lazy for that, but I just leave it alone, and shoot the mag out when I hit the range.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 04:23:39 AM »
I never unload either unless I am cleaning or running draw drills or dry fire practice
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 12:05:14 AM »
I would not do that, my carry gun is on my nightstand. Only time it gets unloaded is at the range or if I need to rotate.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 01:42:00 AM »
Well.  I see you have all ganged up against me!  I'll show you!  I'll, probably, maybe, take the consensus advice.  BUT NO PROMISES.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 04:13:48 AM »
Regardless, safety first.  Having a set procedure is prime ingredient for avoiding a negligent discharge. Follow your own regimen; we are not playing with tinkertoys. (There is no such thing as an accidental discharge).
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.