Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2499 times)

F16WarBird

• NRA Life Member
Greetings
« on: July 09, 2011, 10:02:44 PM »
Hey folks.

My name is Joe.  I moved to Delaware from Pennsylvania back in March.  I've been shooting since I was in my early teens and I'm a lifetime member of the NRA.  I'm currently deployed to an undisclosed location in Afghanistan.  I'm looking to get involved with local clubs and competitions when I return home in December.  I'm also interested in obtaining my carry permit.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:23:30 PM by F16WarBird »

"They're saying goodbye in their own way. Playing outlawed tunes on outlawed pipes."

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 01:35:28 AM »
Welcome.  Thanks for your service! Delaware is WAY slower than Pa. Good luck.   

F16WarBird

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
Thank you.

I never got around to getting my CCW in Pa, but I'm told it is a very quick process.

I'm a patient man, so I have no problem jumping through a few hoops to get my De CCW.   :)

"They're saying goodbye in their own way. Playing outlawed tunes on outlawed pipes."

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:49:19 PM »
Joe, if you just started your tour in the sandbox (thank you for your service!), I'd apply now for your DE CCW.  By the time you come home, it should almost be ready LOL.  Ok, in all seriousness, the DE process is archaic and the materials are subpar. 

However, you'll find all the information you need here to get through the process.  PA is a flash compared to DE. 

Welcome to the site! 

FYI, if you or your squadron need anything, (letters, toiletries, magazines, etc) please be sure to PM me.  I mail a box each week to various branches of the service containing a variety of items. I have a ton of friends and family that donate everything.  :) 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident