Author Topic: Greetings from a new member  (Read 2923 times)

Law of Self Defense

• Law of Self Defense
Greetings from a new member
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »
Hi, all, from a new member.

I'm an attorney in his third decade of practicing law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, with a particular focus on the law of self defense (hence, my user name) but I am looking to make my escape from MA as soon as my oldest graduates high school. I began my competitive shooting activities as a youth, and today I'm a Life Member of the NRA and a Charter/Life Member and Master-class competitor in multiple classifications in IDPA. I've for many years been an NRA-certified firearms instructor in pistol, rifle, and personal protection, and have previously served as an Adjunct Instructor at the SigArms Academy. I have, or have held, concealed carry permits in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania, Florida, Utah, and other states.

I usually post about legal-related events around self defense, and have a personal blog on the law of self defense.

FYI, my avatar photo is a pic of me standing in front of the poured concrete welcome sign at Barber Motorsports Park when I did a motorcycle tour through the southeast a few years back.  Loved AL on that trip, met some great folks and had some really great food. 

Andrew
Andrew F. Branca, Attorney at Law (MA)
www.lawofselfdefense.com
This message does NOT constitute legal advice, and does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship/confidentiality.
If you have an immediate need for legal advice, consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction.

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: Greetings from a new member
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 01:51:18 AM »
Welcome!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
Welcome Andrew. I enjoyed your Zimmerman post.
Cheers!
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
Law of Self Defense.

Welcome to the site. You might want to contact the DSSA President John Sigler and join as a member. I'm sure they could use your knowledge and support.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 10:08:45 PM »
Law of Self Defense.

Welcome to the site. You might want to contact the DSSA President John Sigler and join as a member. I'm sure they could use your knowledge and support.

I agree and welcome to the forum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 04:27:20 PM »
Welcome to the site! 

Ohhhh, an attorney!  Now we know who to pose all of our theoretical questions to LOL.  Just kidding.  We all look forward to your contributions to the site.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 06:44:56 PM »
Great forum to hash out the details.  Welcome.
Proud resident of Kent County DE