Author Topic: PA renewal  (Read 568 times)

Oaklandopen

PA renewal
« on: October 14, 2023, 08:06:07 PM »
Started doing the paperwork for mine since I'm due in February and have a day off coming up.  Then I saw something that said "can renew up to 2 months before expiration." Guess I'd be way too early unless anyone else has tried a little more than 2 months ahead

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: PA renewal
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 10:24:27 PM »
I did 4 months early, I think it took three???
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Oaklandopen

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 09:59:08 AM »
guess i'll just go on and head right up there this week then. i suppose the worst thing that could happen is they tell me i'm too early

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 06:08:24 PM »
I renewed in Reading.  Sent them the app.  They processed it.  Then called me with an appointment time.  VERY EASY process!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 07:20:21 PM »
Started doing the paperwork for mine since I'm due in February and have a day off coming up.  Then I saw something that said "can renew up to 2 months before expiration." Guess I'd be way too early unless anyone else has tried a little more than 2 months ahead
I renewed York.   They said no earlier than 2 months.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

JKRight

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 08:02:17 PM »
I also just did mine, but in Media, and was also no sooner than 2 months before expiration.

Oaklandopen

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2023, 10:42:38 AM »
I renewed in Reading.  Sent them the app.  They processed it.  Then called me with an appointment time.  VERY EASY process!

I see that you can mail it in for the initial app in that county whereas you have to show up twice for Delco. And via Google map it's 49 minutes to Delco vs 1hr25min to berks County.

But if berks is pickup by appointment only I think I need to stick with Delco since they allow walk-ins. That works better with my schedule