Author Topic: Sussex County Wait Time News  (Read 3909 times)

Ex USCG

Sussex County Wait Time News
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
After reading many of the application wait times on this site over the course of the last few months, I was not optimistic when I turned in my original application to the Sussex County Protho on May 6.  However in my case, I feel I have to give credit where credit is due.  I don't know how or why, but I got my permit in the mail on July 6. As hard to believe as that is, I got my new permit in exactly two months.  This was not a renewal but a brand new first time application.  I feel like I won the Delaware CCDW lottery. So a big heartfelt thanks to Joyce (Sussex Protho) and everone who helped get this thing through at blinding speed. I'd like to write more, but I think I am going to go out and buy a Powerball and Mega Millions ticket before my good luck runs out :) My permit came so much faster than expected, I didn't even finalize my decision on a cc holster yet.

And also thanks to everyone on the DE CCW forum for all the great information posted here on a regular basis.  The information you guys provide is invaluable.

Best regards,

Tim

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Sussex County Wait Time News
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
Congrats.......better get moving in that holster
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

rusirius

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 12:49:22 AM »
After reading many of the application wait times on this site over the course of the last few months, I was not optimistic when I turned in my original application to the Sussex County Protho on May 6.  However in my case, I feel I have to give credit where credit is due.  I don't know how or why, but I got my permit in the mail on July 6. As hard to believe as that is, I got my new permit in exactly two months.  This was not a renewal but a brand new first time application.  I feel like I won the Delaware CCDW lottery. So a big heartfelt thanks to Joyce (Sussex Protho) and everone who helped get this thing through at blinding speed. I'd like to write more, but I think I am going to go out and buy a Powerball and Mega Millions ticket before my good luck runs out :) My permit came so much faster than expected, I didn't even finalize my decision on a cc holster yet.

And also thanks to everyone on the DE CCW forum for all the great information posted here on a regular basis.  The information you guys provide is invaluable.

Best regards,

Tim

Not to be like Nelson from the Simpsons, but "HA HA!"  Actually I filed my application (new) on June 2nd and got my permit July 2nd.  Only a month!  Something tells me I probably could have filed my permit in March or April and still gotten it somewhere in July.  I think they process all the renewals first and start on the new apps once that's finished.  If so, that explains why in many cases I've seen some who filed early and took many months, others who filed late like me and got it back almost immediately.

Ex USCG

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 02:46:33 AM »
Gun Envy- Thanks. Pretty sure I am going with a Super Tuck due to the rave reviews, I am just trying to decide if my Sig 229 is going to be my carry weapon.  I am a little worried that it might print too much on my 6 foot tall, 150lb frame. I was thinking smaller but I am stumped by the sub compact choices and what might work best for me.  The research never ends, but at least it is research on a subject I enjoy.

RU- I am glad to hear someone else had even better luck than me.  Congrats on your new permit.  That is awesome that you got a 1 month turn-around.

Tim

rusirius

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 01:14:41 AM »
Gun Envy- Thanks. Pretty sure I am going with a Super Tuck due to the rave reviews, I am just trying to decide if my Sig 229 is going to be my carry weapon.  I am a little worried that it might print too much on my 6 foot tall, 150lb frame. I was thinking smaller but I am stumped by the sub compact choices and what might work best for me.  The research never ends, but at least it is research on a subject I enjoy.

RU- I am glad to hear someone else had even better luck than me.  Congrats on your new permit.  That is awesome that you got a 1 month turn-around.

Tim

You might just be surprised...  I carry a full size S&W M&P in a supertuck and have no printing at all.  At least not enough to ever worry about.  Sure if I stretch a certain way there might be a small poke here and there, but nothing that "looks" like a gun... It could be a cell phone, flashlight, or anything...

Before I got my permit I had already gotten a couple of different holsters and had experimented carrying around the house with whatever that days outfit was.  Basically when I got home from work I'd change into whatever normal clothes I would wear... Not giving any thought to concealing... Then AFTER I choose my clothes I'd then choose the method and holster to try...  I walked around the house for 2 weeks without my wife even ever noticing I was carrying!

A lot of it is in your own mind... Because YOU know what's there, you think that any little imprint, spot, or buldge is going to be obvious, but it's really not.  I thought for SURE many times she would have noticed, but never did... When I finally asked her if she noticed you should have seen the look on her face.. She had NO IDEA!

After a while I've kinda morphed into generally wearing two possible ways that I've found are most comfortable for me... One is with a regular untucked t-shirt or polo with the supertuck at 3:30-4:00.  The other is with a cheap Uncle Mike's paddle holster worn at 3:00 with a sports (i.e. Underarmor) shirt tucked in and then a button down shirt (unbuttoned except in very windy conditions where i'll button the bottom button) over top.  Those two are just the most comfy for me so it's what I always seem to gravitate to.

In other words, the point of all this is, YOU will feel like everyone around you will notice you are carrying... But the truth is, they will be completely oblivious unless you all but hike your shirt up to your neck and say, "Hey guys!  Look at my gun!"  ;)

Ex USCG

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
RU-  I am sure you right.  I think this falls under the old "you are your own worse critic".  I'm certain I am just over-thinking the whole situation,  but you have offerred some great advice and made some very valid points.  Thanks for taking the time.  I really appreciate it.  BTW- I did order a Super Tuck for my 229.  Now I just have to wait a few weeks for it to get here.  I am really looking forward to trying out the package once I get it, and I plan on using the wife test you suggested.  That is really a great idea.