Author Topic: TNJ poll about safety in Wilmington  (Read 3431 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
TNJ poll about safety in Wilmington
« on: October 12, 2015, 01:31:01 PM »
http://archive.delawareonline.com/poll/2015-10-12/9122158

What, other than increased police presence, might make people feel safer while in Wilmington?

Businesses that stay open later at night.
More apartments downtown.
Better lighting downtown.
More arts and entertainment events downtown.
Only more police will make me feel more comfortable.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: TNJ poll about safety in Wilmington
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »
Don't like going above the canal. Don't like cities. Don't like the people or their politics.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: TNJ poll about safety in Wilmington
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 02:54:39 PM »
This poll was a joke and pure BS. The way to cure Wilmington of violence is IMHO the following. Stop and Frisk works like it did in NYC a few years ago. The black community has to realize that this plan is for their safety. Yes some will complain about it but it will reduce violent crime. The street cops know who the BGs are and where they operate. NYC has a very liberal (and IMHO useless) mayor and Stop and Frisk was stopped. Yes violent crime started to increase in the Big Apple. Liberals just do not get it and they have know concept of how to protect themselves or the public. A prime example is what we have in the White House. I agree with Sturm about going up north above the canal. This problem is creeping south and we have a lot of problems in Dover, Milford, Georgetown and Seaford. I think the people are starting to realize that the liberal mandate just does not work. The people are starting to protect themselves because the current gov't cannot. Sorry for the rant folks.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE