Author Topic: did anyone's refrences ever actually get called?  (Read 8134 times)

fish0123

Re: did anyone's refrences ever actually get called?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 11:41:51 PM »
They didn't call my references but they called me! I was summoned to a hearing because I was 21 when I first applied for my permit.

Thats messed up since you can get a CCDW in DE at the age of 18. Per DE state law § 1441 one must be a "person of full age" which is defined in § 701 as being 18 years of age. My CCDW course instructor received his CCDW at 18 as well.

Glad to hear the judge did grant you your CCDW afterwards.

Yeah I'm not sure that the reason was because I was 21. I was never given an explicit reason as to why I was called in for a hearing. Maybe there wasn't any reason, the judge may have just felt like doing it. Like I said I don't have any criminal history and my application was perfect. I just wanted to mention it in case anyone else is ever called to a hearing for no reason. That way they have an idea of what to expect. I forgot to mention their was a guy from the attorney general office as well. He didn't say much.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: did anyone's refrences ever actually get called?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »
When I got my DECCW I turned in 6 reference letters instead of the required 5, because one of the neighbors that signed(well known land and business owner) on was going to be in Fla. during the process. I figure, better safe than sorry. To my knowledge no one was called, or at least nobody told me they were called.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun