Author Topic: When to call for update?  (Read 7779 times)

Thlax

When to call for update?
« on: May 20, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »
I turned in everything on 3/25. I was told the classic 3-6mo. Aren't you normally contacted about 2 months in to make sure all the background and references were okay?

It seems as though people are more than likely are NOT contacted though and they call in themselves....

Do we call at AG office to check?

You'll think 6/1 would be a good time to call and check?

Thanks!

(Yes I know everyones renewals are above me, which doesn't make sense considering your receipt acts as a license if its late where as we just wait longer and longer not able to carry...)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: When to call for update?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »
You probably won't be contacted, and I don't think checking will speed anything up. If you get a bad background check, you'll probably get a copy of the letter to the court. If you don't, you may not hear anything until the permit actually shows up in the mail.

That's what happened with my wife's permit last year. We were on our way to Rehoboth, and picked up the mail through the window of the car. I handed her my backup gun, and off we went.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

glock9

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 01:33:14 AM »
two months is way to early to call.. better wait six months

Thlax

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 03:10:41 AM »
I don't suspect any problems, more of it would tell me if I was done that part of the proccess. Oh well the wait continues...

prplflh71

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 02:52:36 AM »
I turned in my renewal in person at the Prothonotary in late March. Still waiting! 5/31 is approaching fast!
"Will work for ammo"

Animal66

• NRA Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 09:36:05 AM »
It's been 4 months for me and I haven't heard a thing.
I called last week and they wouldn't even look to tell me what the status was
just that they are swamped and to call back after 31 May.
Makes you wonder if the process would be shorter if you file after May. ???

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 11:09:18 AM »
prpl, next time, I recommend sending it in the first day of January.  I'm hoping I'm wrong, but most likely, you're going to get your renewal after the expiration date. 

And calling the prothonotary's office does zilch other than interrupt their day.  If there's something wrong with your application you'll get a phone call.  Otherwise, keep stalking the mailman and eventually it will arrive.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
+1 on Moosie's comment.
New Castle County

Animal66

• NRA Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 01:44:12 PM »
+1 on Moosie's comment.

mske that a plus 2  :)

prplflh71

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »
"A right delayed is a right denied"
"Will work for ammo"

MarinoTactical

• www.marinotactical.com
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »
Below is the text from DE Title 11/1442. It basically says that you are covered under an expired permit as long as you applied for a renewal before it expired and it is pending before the court. But I think filing the renewal on 1/1 is still a good idea.

§ 1442. Carrying a concealed deadly weapon; class G felony; class D felony.

A person is guilty of carrying a concealed deadly weapon when the person carries concealed a deadly weapon upon or about the person without a license to do so as provided by § 1441 of this title.

Carrying a concealed deadly weapon is a class G felony, unless the deadly weapon is a firearm, in which case it is a class D felony.

It shall be a defense that the defendant has been issued an otherwise valid license to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to terms of § 1441 of this title, where:

(1) The license has expired,

(2) The person had applied for renewal of said license within the allotted time frame prior to expiration of the license, and

(3) The offense is alleged to have occurred while the application for renewal of said license was pending before the court.

Marino Tactical Training, Inc.
Certified Instructors for
National Rifle Association
Glock Certified Armorer and Professional Instructor
Utah BCI
Delaware Council on Police Training(COPT)
marinotactical@gmail.com
302-542-3755
www.trainforthefight.com

allischalmersman

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 04:09:05 AM »
I assume this is New Castle?  I hate to tell you, but in Kent I got mine recently.  Took 9 weeks.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 11:24:50 AM »
If you still feel the need to inquire, it can be done much less intrusively by Email. Point out that you wanted to ask about the permit, but you figured an Email would be much less of an interruption than a phone call.
I don't want to post the Email address in an open forum, but you can PM me for it...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

trevor

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
They list their email & phone numbers publicly: http://courts.delaware.gov/Superior/telephones_ncc.stm

(scroll down about 1/2 way)

Thlax

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »
Its slowly setting in that since I haven't received any phone calls I'm fine, and to just wait....ugh!