Author Topic: Question about Questionnaires  (Read 9133 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Question about Questionnaires
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »
Don't know if it helped, but when I applied for my DECCW, I sent in 6 References, all but one I have known for 20+ years. I know only 5 are required, but one of the people that filled out the Reference sheet was going to Florida for the winter and I thought if the state should try to contact them and coundn't, I would still have the 5 needed.
I have had my DECCW for several years now.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »
I agree.   Newspaper ad is like saying
" hey I have guns in my house"

References used to be in your representative district.  Now it is by county but still
An annoyance and not really usefull. Also discriminatory against new residents
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 12:04:40 AM »
Personally I think neither are appropriate. Just because someone might be a loner with no friends, a grouchy a$$ole and people don't like them or perhaps just moved here from Alaska (wherever) and doesn't know anyone shouldn't be a reason to not have a permit or be able to defend themselves. The newspaper thing is just annoying and is entirely pointless. Both require other people to know my private business and the fact that I may carry a firearm as well as have them in the house.

It should simply come down to your background check.

I will agree. Its like give an inch and government will push for a mile. IN many places you need a permit. I doubt that will go away and DE will go to constitutional carry. It would be more likely for Obama to be a patriotic president before DE goes constitutional carry.

Government has that we have to have a permit. It many cases it can be expensive. I think Delaware is really overkill. There is a point about the witness since it does not cost anything, but does someone who just moved here not have a right to self defense?

I agree the paper is "horse crap" Then again as left leaning as the New Journal is it would not surprise me in the least if there is some "kickback" agreement.

Another thing that gets me is the left always talks about the poor, kids need to eat ( ok they do but people who cant feed what they have should not be having more), people need public housing and drug testing public assistance people is wrong. These are the things they say. If they are so into the poor is it reasonable to notice that the average poor person that might have to live in a crap area, but is a good person can't protect themselves because they could not afford what the process would be for a permit. Probably could not afford the gun as well, but for argument say a friend was willing to loan them one ( legally)
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 12:08:12 AM »
FWIW I had 2 references from the couple across the street, same name, same house. Then I had 2 references from a couple down the street, same name, same house. And finally, the guy next store. His wife seemed disappointed I did not need hers too.  ;)

I actually filled my five ( and my wife) at church one Sunday.

It was ironic when I was telling a couple friends about it, but some of us were discussing how bad the world is today. He planned on asking two people there but got three more.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 01:00:44 AM »
SB.. Just a note here regarding the newspaper requirement. It's been this way since DE first established CCDW laws.. What 70-80 years ago iirc. There is no kickback  :)

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 01:50:26 AM »
SB.. Just a note here regarding the newspaper requirement. It's been this way since DE first established CCDW laws.. What 70-80 years ago iirc. There is no kickback  :)

It just would not surprise me though.

Thanks for that info. I was not aware of that.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 03:01:38 AM »
The newspaper and the references as well as the entire process except
The fingerprint, photo and training go back at least 100 years.

I remember before about 1985 that you needed the signatures of two property owners to buy a handgun.
In Delaware. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.