Author Topic: This is why I carry while biking  (Read 1924 times)

Dunmore

This is why I carry while biking
« on: January 27, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »
News story from Pottstown, PA

"CUMRU — Two teenagers were shot by a mugging victim on the Thun Trail around 11 a.m. Wednesday, resulting in the death of one of the teens.

According to Cumru Township police, three teenagers attempted to rob a 65-year-old man who was bicycling along the trail near South First Avenue. The bicyclist was knocked over by the teens who then physically assaulted him, police said. The man pulled out a handgun and shot two of the three teens, police said.

The assault victim and the uninjured teen were taken into custody by township police while the surviving teen assailant who was shot was taken to an area hospital for treatment of his injuries, police said. After questioning the bicyclist, he was released by police. The uninjured teen was remanded to a youth detention center.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Cumru police at 610-777-9595.

Township police were assisted in the investigation by the Berks County District Attorney’s Office, police from West Reading, Wyomissing and Reading and the state police. "

http://www.pottsmerc.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120126/NEWS01/120129681/2-teens-shot-during-mugging-on-thun-trail

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: This is why I carry while biking
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 07:59:31 PM »
There is more to the story that makes it even worse.  This teenage career criminal had just gotten his ankle monitoring bracelet.

Johnson had previous run-ins with the law and skipping school violated his probation, Adams said. Probation officers went to his home Wednesday morning, placed an electronic monitoring device on him and told the other two teens to go back to school, Adams said.
"Mr. Johnson and the two other juveniles did not go back to school, and Mr. Johnson did not obey his probation officers."
Instead, Adams said, the teens went into West Reading and assaulted an elderly man and another man before targeting the bicyclist.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-berks/DA-Robbery-victim-65-justified-in-shooting-of-teens-on-trail/-/121418/8505702/-/3s906uz/-/index.html

I say give this guy a medal for taking out the trash!

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County