Author Topic: 3 months in New Castle County.....  (Read 13374 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: 3 months in New Castle County.....
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
Permits go by the calender year, not from issue date. If you get yours in Nov. 2012 it will expire in Dec. 2014 not 2015., or so I'm told. Renewals are 5 years, instead of 3. Any thoughts?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

businessajm

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 01:40:37 AM »
I submitted mine in the middle of January.  I called them today and was approved.  They said it may take 2 more weeks to get it because they are really busy and it has to be laminated.  I spoke to Dale (female) and she said they are backed up with renewals.  You are probably looking at another month or two.  Sorry for the bad news.  Get you FL one it will come in 2 weeks.

Bogey

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 11:59:45 PM »
3 mo. still waiting NCC.
The things you see when you don't have a gun.....

Siludni

• Old-school citizen, Navy Vet, NRA Life, DSSA
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »
SturmRuger,
     You are correct about the calendar year, but it runs from June 1st to May 31st. All permits expire at the end of May in any given year.
Mine was issued in Aug 2011, but expires May 31, 2014. You can apply for a renewal as early as the first business day of Jan, in the year your
permit expires.  (My renewed permit should expire end of May 2019.)  This is my understanding of how it works. There are no issue dates on the permit.
Only an expiration date is preprinted on the form.
       Regards!
"How strange is youth! You are not ashamed to be a fool, but are ashamed to admit having been one, when admitting it will make you a wise man again!"
                                                                                        Daniel Defoe

Bogey

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »
Well just got a call from a friend that his wife got her permit in the mail today.but he didnt get his.They filed 1 mo after me in NCC.9weeks for her.
The things you see when you don't have a gun.....

Wickedrex

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 04:56:39 PM »
Just got back from a vacation in New Orleans so had the mail held for a week.  Got home from running some errands this morning to find a large bundle of mail containing a letter envelope from the NCC Superior court!  Opened her up and BAM there she was!!!  So looked about to be a 14 week wait for me give or take a few days!   Not too bad!  Good luck to all those waiting and be patient..... It's coming!
--Jay--

eclipse

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »
Congrats.  Monday will be 14 weeks for me.  Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 11:00:00 PM »
It was in the mail today.
Craig

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 11:52:10 PM »
Thanks Suludni

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Wickedrex

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 01:07:16 AM »
Mine states it expires on 5/31/2015 but I guess it would be best to re-apply in January of 2015 due to the time frame it takes to get approved.  And I believe you are given a grace period of two months post expiration of your current permit if you have already re-applied due to the lack of speed it takes to get these things issued.

As for the permit itself, I can't believe what it really is!  It looks like a large laminated business card with your picture on it and an expiration date on it!  Little more info on the back but nothing really special at all!  I was expecting something a little more detailed and official looking.  Oh well, as long as it does it's job.... 
--Jay--

scottf

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 11:14:39 AM »
Monday will be 25 weeks for me  >:( Still nothing.

This is annoying as I was extremely careful in supplying all the necessary documentation. As I posted earlier, I was called on Jan 18th and was questioned about verification of business ownership. Gave the business license number and was told it wasn't valid because it didn't start in the number 2000 range. I told the person that my business was started way back in the last century, so it would be in the 1900 range, not 2000's. Thought that was put to bed.

Then I got a call on March 23rd (8 weeks ago - 17 weeks after filing the paperwork) with an accusatory tone that I hadn't responded to a request for my business license number. It became apparent during the conversation that the person didn't realize we had spoken 9 week earlier at which time I had already given the correct business license number. When I began to explain the reason for the 1900 numbering a light must have went off. I was cut off in my explanation, was told "everything is in order" and they hung up. So my application sat on someone's desk for 9 weeks!

My wife submitted hers in February (with a photocopy of the business license attached). It will be 14 weeks on Monday. Maybe her's will arrive before mine. Wouldn't be surprised.

Yes folks, we really want government run health care.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:18:00 AM by scottf »

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »
The problem seems to lie in the fact that the gobermint people in NCC don't want you to have a gun purmit anywho. The NCC liberal anti-gun people are all thryu the system working against you.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

jdmaguire

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
Got mine the other day.  ;D  Submitted 3 Feb 12, so about 3-1/2 months in NCC.  Suggestions for those beginning the process (in NCC):
1.  If you've lived in DE less than 5 years, be prepared for them to ask for a copy of your driving record from your prior state of residence.  They called me about a month after I submitted the packet.  Luckily, I had my PA D/L number at hand, so I could go online and get it pretty quickly (and after paying PA $5, IIRC).

2.  When you go to submit the packet in person at the courthouse, save yourself the time and effort, and leave EVERYTHING in the car.  Bring your wallet, ID, checkbook, pen, and packet.  No cells, etc.  There are lock boxes in the parking deck, but who wanders around with the right change?

3.  If you use the parking deck, remember where you park.  On your way out, you pay first, then go up to your car.  You have about 10 minutes.  :-)

JDM

scottf

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »
Spoke to Dale (she processes the paperwork) in NCC Prothonotary's office. I have an expiration date so it's in the process of being physically produced and mailed. Should have it in a couple of weeks. She also told me my wife's permit was granted the same day, even though she applied in February. So, more than likely they'll both come in the mail the same day.

Wickedrex

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 12:31:25 PM »
Good to hear!  Early congrats man!  Good feeling isn't it?
--Jay--