Author Topic: I Almost Got Her Talked Into It  (Read 13495 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
I Almost Got Her Talked Into It
« on: September 06, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »
I have been working on my wife trying to talk her into getting a CCW but it has been an up hill battle.  However, yesterday when I put my cousins little Taurus Titanium snub nosed .357 with the mother of pearl grips in her hands she started to loosen up just a bit.  We will see how it goes.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: I Almost Got Her Talked Into It
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »
Very glad to hear this, Hawkeye!!  Hope it works out. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:21:22 PM »
Maybe you will have another shottin buddy  ;). Just dont make her mad at you  :o

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »
Yep, got it all started today.  Picked up the paperwork and will get right down to it before she changes her mind.  I carry under HR 218 so this will actually be a new process for us.  I will take the class with her a well.   I will have some time so I will be looking for reasonably priced training. ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:03:35 PM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Schmenge

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:59:04 PM »
Mother of Pearl grips? I'll have to try that on my wife. The most I can get her to carry is pepper spray. By the way, I have to ask.........HR218?
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:03:23 PM »
I believe HR218 was passed so that off duty law enforcement officers can carry across state lines.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 12:21:51 AM »
Or (I believe) retired LEO with 20+ years of service
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 03:32:35 PM »
The retired mark for HR 218 is 15 years.  LEO does not always mean a police officer.  In Delaware correctional officers qualify for that status under the federal and state applications of this bill.

Sussex County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 01:28:15 PM »
I know.  A friend of mine can carry under 218.  He retired from DOC.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 10:57:56 PM »
It took a little while but we were in no hurry.  Hand carried the application to the Prothonotary's office this afternoon.

Sussex County

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
Congrats! Let the wait begin  ;)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 11:29:37 PM »
The wife got a call from the investigator yesterday.  Apparently there were three things wrong with the application.

1.  One of the references used sloppy handwriting, hard to read. I guess I should have noticed that one.  We are getting a different reference.
2.  We live in Milford in Sussex County.  Milford splits the county line.  The public notice twice says my wife lives in Sussex County. The Affidavit of Publication provided by the paper references Kent County. The public notice has to be redone so they can correct the Affidavit of Publication.
3.  The investigator says that her driver's license is registered in the state computer as Kent County even though the address is clearly Sussex County.  He says we had to go to DMV to get it fixed.  We went to DMV and they had no idea what this guy was talking about. After a couple of phone calls and a conversation with a DMV supervisor it turns out that the DMV was right. The investigator said he has never come across this before.

I can see why the process takes so long now.

Sussex County

John

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »
Sound's like your on top of things.  I'm about two steps behind you.  Thanks for the updates, it is helping me with some questions I am having. 

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 12:55:52 AM »
Well, I'm glad you got it worked out.  The state system for everything seems to be so backwards!!!  I've often wondered why they didnt publish a list of acceptable publications based on either zip code or address, etc.  The system certainly isn't user friendly! They might be able to save themselves some frustration on their end (if there even is such a thing) if they helped us help them! 

Hope her permit is sent quickly once everything is in place. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 01:15:50 AM »
I would say that it may not take to long to get her permit if the investigator is already looking at it . At the end of october  I was told were seeing daylight on their pile.  Good luck!