Author Topic: Hillary Clinton pushes gun control, Obamacare  (Read 4279 times)

VWpilot

Hillary Clinton pushes gun control, Obamacare
« on: May 06, 2014, 11:21:11 PM »
FYI........stay safe ~ Rob.

Hillary Clinton pushes gun control, Obamacare

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/hillary-clinton-gun-control-obamacare-106392.html?hp=r13
NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: Hillary Clinton pushes gun control, Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:39:32 PM »
The proliferation of guns combined with few restrictions on where they can be carried can “give someone the means to respond in the moment in a way that he wouldn’t if a few minutes passed and there was no means to inflict harm … We really have got to get our arms around this,” she said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/hillary-clinton-gun-control-obamacare-106392.html#ixzz30yv4dP7q

so what she's saying, is that if someone beat the crap out of you, you cant respond and defend your life, that in a few minutes , you will be dead, and that's all.  not  a dead perp and you beaten,  just you dead?  so she is trying to reduce  a hospital visit and morgue, to just a morge visit?  so this equats to less heath care burden to the system .
  I see, so Obama care can succeed.   
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Bullpup

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 12:33:22 AM »
The proliferation of guns combined with few restrictions on where they can be carried can “give someone the means to respond in the moment in a way that he wouldn’t if a few minutes passed and there was no means to inflict harm … We really have got to get our arms around this,” she said.

Such arrogance!  To assume that we are all like little children, with no control over our emotions or actions!  This attitude disgusts me.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:59:44 AM »
As much as I despise her, I hope she is directing this toward gangs and dumb kids on the street.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 05:48:44 PM »
Madam Hillary sees us as subjects, not citizens.  In her eyes more government is the answer to all our problems. 

“We have to rein in what has become [an] almost article of faith, that anybody can own a gun anywhere, anytime. And I don’t believe that,”

Exaggerate your opponent’s stance and then mock your exaggeration.  Do progressives even have the ability to have an open and honest discussion about gun control?

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 06:24:41 PM »
Madam Hillary sees us as subjects, not citizens.  In her eyes more government is the answer to all our problems.  

“We have to rein in what has become [an] almost article of faith, that anybody can own a gun anywhere, anytime. And I don’t believe that,”

Exaggerate your opponent’s stance and then mock your exaggeration.  Do progressives even have the ability to have an open and honest discussion about gun control?
Well said. And "no".

Here's another of her gems where she conflates gun thugs with concealed-carry permit holders.
Clinton told attendees at the mental health conference that “at the rate we’re going, we’re going to have so many people with guns everywhere, fully licensed, fully validated” in settings like movie theaters where shootings have arisen over seemingly mundane things like loud gum chewing or cellphone use.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/6/hillary-clinton-gun-culture-way-out-balance/#ixzz313U2TOi4

The gun control crowd wants to make people think that just because the armed citizen has the Ability and Opportunity that the people are in Jeopardy.  Their method of Preclusion is to disarm the citizen.  The notion that an "armed citizen is a polite citizen" (Heinlein) doesn't register with them. The fact that the armed citizen might protect them seems to be beyond their comprehension.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:32:03 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 11:14:04 PM »
  Oble,  I hope you are right.   but it is vauge at best.

if she were to have said, we cannot have criminals killing people, well.........

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 11:41:52 PM »
As much as I despise her, I hope she is directing this toward gangs and dumb kids on the street.

If Clinton runs for president, her views on gun control would clash with many Republicans, who have largely opposed efforts to tighten gun laws.

She warned that having so many people with fully licensed firearms on them in places like cinemas meant it more likely that shootings would happen over mundane issues.

In January a man was killed and his wife hurt after a shooting that arose from a dispute over the use of a mobile phone in a Florida cinema.

so that quote from BBC,  is pointed at legal gun owners.   make no doubt.