Author Topic: Penn Cinema put up new signs  (Read 21492 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Penn Cinema put up new signs
« on: June 09, 2013, 11:41:42 PM »
There's a new sign at the bottom of every door on the front of the Penn Cinema Riverfront IMAX 15... We're really not welcome there anymore:

Of course, the sign does not have force of law, so I'll go in there armed as always.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Penn Cinema put up new signs
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:35:17 AM »
What sign, I dont see a sign...   ;)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 01:42:47 AM »
Anyone with a CCDW who would put themselves and their family at risk by going to Wilmington unarmed...
...should probably stay home and wait for the movie to appear on HBO.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 02:02:34 AM »
I usually don't see door signs  ;).  But I will just avoid the place out of principle.  I usually try to avoid the cities in general anyway.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »
@oldgraygeek.  Just checked the iPhone app Posted! But don't see Penn Cinema listed. Are you able to add the listing to Posted!
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 12:43:23 AM »
It doesn't bother me, less Dodge City.

There's a new sign at the bottom of every door on the front of the Penn Cinema Riverfront IMAX 15... We're really not welcome there anymore:

Of course, the sign does not have force of law, so I'll go in there armed as always.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:50:28 AM by Condition 1 »

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 12:56:43 AM »
Lucky for them, most of the Wilmies can't read, either.  Wait, maybe that's unlucky for them.  Well, either way, I'd be so busy looking at other patrons that I'd never notice some @@@@ sign next to the ground.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 01:11:22 AM »
@oldgraygeek.  Just checked the iPhone app Posted! But don't see Penn Cinema listed. Are you able to add the listing to Posted!

No, because I don't have (or want) their iPhone app.
Having said that, please add it, for the benefit of others...

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 01:16:51 AM »
If someone gets shot or stabbed at that establishment can the victim sue the place for not insuring that all on their property do not in fact have any of the prohibited items?

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 04:43:50 AM »
I'm sheepishly admitting that I had to google where this was!  I didnt even know they had a theatre there.  ::::::sigh:::::    some help with my cranial rectal inversion maneuver LOL.

And I don't see a sign either.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 02:04:01 AM »
Anyone with a CCDW who would put themselves and their family at risk by going to Wilmington unarmed...
...should probably stay home and wait for the movie to appear on HBO.

What a Minute.

Go unarmed to Wilmington? I thought that was a model city like Philadelphia as far as tax paying citizens and informed voters. After all Obama won by the highest percentages in that area....................OK the bourbon wore off. Kilmington is a craphole.

Hawk

I am pretty sure you could not go far with suing from discussions on deloc that people had there. My thought is you should. I do get the whole idea of private property, but I do think they should be held accountable. I also think judges in Jersey and MD who deny permits should be subject to legal suit if a person is mugged or something after being denied their permit.

I don't think the criminals will pay attention to the sign though. I Heard on another board that some companies do this for insurance reasons, but I am not sure of that.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:07:42 AM by silverbullet »
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 02:27:13 AM »
If someone gets shot or stabbed at that establishment can the victim sue the place for not insuring that all on their property do not in fact have any of the prohibited items?

Businesses have a general duty to protect patrons from foreseeable harm.  They don't have a duty to protect you from being the victim of a crime, unless they have some reason to believe that their patrons are the specific targets of the criminal actions.  And even then, everyone is a prospective and potential victim. 

Just like you, I tend to think that signs like that are meant to be an assurance that I am entering a "sphere of safety."  Since they can't even guarantee that the movie won't suck, I don't put a lot of stock in their assurances. 

So, their premises lability will pay your medical bills, and that's all that you'll probably get.  If you're lucky, they may throw in a free trashcan-sized popcorn.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 03:15:45 AM »
Another reason I wait for the DVD in addition to how expensive movies have gotten, How bratty some kids can be and parents wont even attempt to control being another.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »
In places like this, I use my best judgement. My best judgement says watch the movie somewhere else, or if that option is not available, "sorry I didn't see the sign".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »
In places like this, I use my best judgement. My best judgement says watch the movie somewhere else, or if that option is not available, "sorry I didn't see the sign".

we would be glad to watch it somewhere else, but this is the only IMAX within 40 miles... and we refuse to be shut out of it because some hoplophobe posted a meaningless sign (it means nothing to a criminal, or to my lawyer).
We will go there, and we will carry, and they can go &*^*%^ themselves if they don't like it.