Author Topic: Penn Cinema put up new signs  (Read 21491 times)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Penn Cinema put up new signs
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »
Many consider Trolley Square a safe area for bar hopping & eating out. I do remember a woman being shot for not giving up her purse there. Happens everywhere.
New Castle County

Capnball

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 02:17:08 AM »
Interesting........... Well, upon a rare occasion I did like to visit the Waterfront in Wilmington. It was one of the few places in the city that didn't always give me the feeling like I needed to run as fast as I can out of it.  I suppose that I will just add the Wilmington Waterfront to the "no-normal-humans-there-anymore" list of places not to visit. If they wont' allow me the means to feel safe, then I don't need to be there. I believe that the Federal Reserve Notes in our pockets would probably be better spent elsewhere. And....... As for Wal-Mart, I tried to like that store, find some redeeming quality about it besides cheap junk sold at cheap junk prices. Sorry, I just couldn't become a fan. I won't knock them too hard as they do at least employ a fair number of our neighbors at the southern end of the county. But, I just don't like the store. Dirty, disheveled and the usual 21st century version of customer service...... which is to say non-existent.

tz9x21

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 09:51:36 PM »
Adding on to what Lumspond said.......

Bad things can happen anytime, anywhere to anyone.
Cases in point......
Sandy Hook, Aurora Colorado, Columbia mall in MD, road rage on the highway.......
All nice neighborhoods.......

I live near Townsend and I don't leave the house without carrying.
Now I try to avoid going to Wilmington at all costs, but I love Robino's.  ;D
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."

SCUBA9097

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2014, 02:17:39 AM »
but I love Robino's.  ;D

Now you're talking my language!
Ted Pfirrmann
Owner, Omega Firearms Training
NRA Certified Instructor
Type 1 FFL

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2014, 10:45:04 AM »
We had dinner at Columbus Inn last night. Great place with excellent food in a nice upscale neighborhood.

To me, this attracts predators like a watering hole in the desert. After dinner, as we walk out to the Bluesmobile, my head is spinning around trying to look in all directions at once...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2014, 04:54:14 PM »
Same with me eating at Walter's steakhouse about a month ago. I was on my highest alert, while carrying my 45 and an EDC knife. I was also facing the door while I was eating. Even though I was careful, I still enjoyed dinner with friends.
New Castle County

ThePixelated

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2014, 11:10:08 PM »
Same with me eating at Walter's steakhouse about a month ago. I was on my highest alert, while carrying my 45 and an EDC knife. I was also facing the door while I was eating. Even though I was careful, I still enjoyed dinner with friends.

Sorry to get off topic, but your reply had me thinking... Have you ever watched "MidwayUSA's Best Defense" on The Outdoor Channel? Great show!

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2014, 12:57:17 AM »

I forget to mention that, because it's so automatic for us. My wife is so conditioned to me facing the door that I don't need to remind her: she always leaves me the seat with the best view.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2014, 01:17:15 AM »

I forget to mention that, because it's so automatic for us. My wife is so conditioned to me facing the door that I don't need to remind her: she always leaves me the seat with the best view.
if she sits across the table from you, you are always getting the best view :).  (Works for me).
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.