CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Reason for Application

(1/4) > >>

gun nut:
What would be the best reason to put on the CCW application. I don't know what to say. So ant help would be greatly appreciated.

fdegree:
I have heard, from several sources, that stating personal protection and protection of your family would be insufficient reasoning...they may deny your request, unless you can be very specific about your concerns for personal/family protection.  I agree that the reason should be irrelevant as long as all of the other requirements are met.

This is just what I have heard...I don't have any proof of this.

I used carrying large sums of cash, similar to Moosie, and frequenting unsafe places at night and alone due to my job.  All of which are 100% true.  Don't try to lie your way through.

Taurus221:
I and most of the people Iknow said the usual 'protection of person, property or both' thing. I had no problems however I heard of one person being denied. I don't know the whole story behind why he was denied nor do I know this person.
I believe this would be sufficient.

GunEnvy:
I used large amounts of cash and transporting high value items for my job (which is correct) I haven't heard of anybody being denied for using the personal protection reason, but I'm sure somebody has. Mossie, my bet would be that wouldn't be enough by itself but they would probably want to see a order of protection for the person.

Sigarms12:
I used for protection of person and or property and had no problems

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version