CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Reason for Application

<< < (4/4)

fdegree:

--- Quote from: SigP250 on March 28, 2009, 11:57:00 PM ---Fdegree, To get your FFL the ATF requires you to have a store front in order to get it, however my understanding is that if you are a certified gun smith you do not need a store front. I think the big thing they are looking for is that you turn a profit.

--- End quote ---
Sorry...I haven't checked this thread for a while.

Thanks for the info.

firststatefirearms:

--- Quote from: SigP250 on March 28, 2009, 11:57:00 PM ---Fdegree, To get your FFL the ATF requires you to have a store front in order to get it, however my understanding is that if you are a certified gun smith you do not need a store front. I think the big thing they are looking for is that you turn a profit.

--- End quote ---
???

This is not true.  You do not need a store front.  As far as turning a profit, standard IRS regulations apply.  The same IRS regs as any other small business.

Sigarms12:
It used to state on the application that you had to provided a picture of the store front. As far as what they are saying now this is what I found on the ATF's website.
(1) the business to be conducted under the license is not prohibited by State or local law at the place where the licensed premise is located to include compliance with zoning ordinances

firststatefirearms:
Ther is no Delaware Code or New Castle County Code that prohibits FFL's from working out of their residences.  I have had my FFL for more than six years and I have operated out of two residences since obtaing my FFL.

gun nut:
This is good to know, Thanks Firststate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version