CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Reason for Application

<< < (2/4) > >>

gun nut:
Thank you all. I think I will call the ATF and get the kit to get my FFL also.

Sigarms12:
Its about @@@@ time slacker

fdegree:
What is involved with getting and maintaining a FFL?

Is it worth it if you don't plan to run a business with it?

Just wondering...I've thought about it, but don't know enough to make an intelligent decision.

CorBon:

--- Quote from: GLOCK19 on March 12, 2009, 07:39:06 PM ---The best reason is your true reason. Be that self-defense, work, .... I think it is absurd we have to give a reason. I agree 100% with taking the class, background / criminal check, newspaper, BUT, the reason should not matter as you have the right to bear arms.
--- End quote ---
One note of caution:  over-exaggerating your work-related need may cause some problems, as the State may (read that as “probably will”) contact your employer to verify that need.  And that’s fine, if that’s the real reason – or you want your employer all-up-in-yo-bizness.  Another downside could be that you get a restricted license – with some type of limitation that would allow you only to carry for work-related activities.

Sigarms12:
Fdegree, To get your FFL the ATF requires you to have a store front in order to get it, however my understanding is that if you are a certified gun smith you do not need a store front. I think the big thing they are looking for is that you turn a profit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version