CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

What if I move?

(1/2) > >>

plasticman:
I have my CCW license. But down the road I will be moving to PA. What happens to my license? Is it still good or do I need to get a non residents license. And what do I have to do to get a non residents delaware license? Hopefully I dont have to go thru the BS for getting it in the first place  ???

Thank you

Sigarms12:
That's kind of a complicated question, As far as your DE permit when you go to renew it if you no longer have a DE address its no good DE does not have a out of state permit. As far as your PA you will need to call one of the sheriff offices you may be able to transfer you out of state PA to a in state not sure. As far as carrying in DE after your permit runs out you will need to apply for a out of state FL permit DE does honor that under their reciprocity agreement.

plasticman:
oh.... so your saying for me to carry in delaware (if I lived in PA) I would need to get a Florida license? How hard would that be?? Thank you.

CorBon:

--- Quote from: SigP250 on April 29, 2009, 07:06:33 PM ---"... if you no longer have a DE address ..."

--- End quote ---
As Delaware has a very limited rule for issuing non-resident permits, I suspect that the resident permit is premised upon the applicant being a resident of Delaware.  In fact, the instructions even make reference to “resident” – although they never directly state “Delaware resident.”  Once he/she is no longer a RESIDENT of Delaware, I also suspect that the Delaware RESIDENT permit will no longer be valid.

If you move to another state, I would certainly recommend confirming that the Delaware permit is still good.

dave_in_delaware:
Many members of DELOC have their CCDW, and then applied for their LTCF in PA. A requirement for an non-resident LTCF is a license/permit from their home State.

So if you're moving to PA, I believe you'd need a LTCF from PA. I don't think your CCDW from DE would be good in PA, although it should let you easily apply for a LTCF since you'll be a "new" resident there.

The good news is that PA is a "shall issue" State (unlike DE)....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version