CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Home Invasion Scenario

(1/5) > >>

Moosie:
http://delawareonline.com/article/20090529/NEWS/90529001/Couple+robbed++dog+killed+in+home+invasion

So, from the typical home invasion scenario, none of us would have to worry about this -- i.e., most home invasions are tied to criminal activity on the invadee's part. 

However, Id like to hear about how you and your wife / sig other have planned or discussed to handle such an occurance. We rarely sleep with the windows open anymore, we never let our dogs out of our sight (bulldogs have a very high theft rate), etc.  I'm still trying to figure out where to place all my "toys" in the house without seeming to be 100% paranoid LOL. 

Moosie

Hawkeye:
It does not matter what kind of plan you have, when you wake up with the guns already pointing at you, everything changes.  I would be interested to know what kind of dog that was.  Anything moves in my yard and my dog lets me know.  I do have weapons on both floors of my house but it is not on purpose. My son lives on the first floor and he has a Mossberg 500a and a Springfield Armory 1911.  We have discussed what to do if someone is in the house so that we do not meet on the steps and surprise each other.  We also have code or "safe" words to use in such a situation. 

CorBon:

--- Quote from: Moosie on May 29, 2009, 11:58:34 AM ---I'm still trying to figure out where to place all my "toys" in the house without seeming to be 100% paranoid LOL. 

--- End quote ---
Paranoid?  I've never heard that word before.  Anyway, right now I have to go move a thousand rounds of .308 out of the dryer so that I can finish the laundry, and then I have to take off the three holsters that I am currently wearing and switch them to nylon.  I really hate getting my gunleather wet while I am taking a shower.  It's really nice to be able to hook my soap-on-a-rope to the shoulder holster, though! 

Moosie:
ROFL Corbon!!

Sigarms12:
Moosie to answer your question most of the time when I'm home I'm carrying and at night I keep my P250 in the nightstand in a quick release gun safe with a flash light. I strongly recommend everyone to keep a light with their home defense weapon and to train with it in low light scenarios. You don't want to shoot a family member in the middle of the night by accident.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version