CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Bars Clubs

(1/4) > >>

GLOCK23:
ok i dont see where anyone says anything about bars and clubs or concerts...my question is can u carry a gun in those places if u have a ccw permit?

Taurus221:
Click on the topic above this one labeled Delaware CCW. There are several topics that can help you.

Also, just follow the laws as to what is written. If there is a sign out front, the answer is no, you can't carry there. But, I bleieve that sign has to be resonibly visible.
Sig has added known lists of places that will not allow you to carry there. If you find out of any more places, let us know so we can post it.

The last thing we want is to have someone getting in trouble, either by bad advice or by their own actions. It is YOUR responsibility to research these places. If you or I get in trouble, it possibly has an effect throughout the entire state.

Thanks,
           Mike

p.s. I carry into bars and clubs but I also check for signs first. But whenever alcohol is involved, use GOOD judgement. Do NOT get into a fights and ALWAYS try and walk away when carrying.

Sigarms12:
I highly recomend that if you are carrying DO NOT DRINK, you are asking for trouble and Im not even 100% sure its legal to carry in a bar or club.  This is from Handgunlaw.US
Carry in Restaurants That Serve Alcohol
YES
Note: What is defined as carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol is a place like Friday’s or RedLobster. This does not mean a bar or the bar area of a restaurant. Handgunlaw.us believes you shouldnever consume alcohol when carrying your firearm. In some states it is illegal to take even one drink while carrying a firearm.

GLOCK23:
thanks for the reply...i hardly drink alcohol...i only go those places if my friends or brothers go there to hang out..i am the driver most of the time..thats why i go...i might drink maybe once a year ,,,and the only thing i drink is guiness and i only drink about half the bottle...i never like drinking..i think my brothers drink enough or me and them..thanks

Moosie:
Not a big drinker here... tie one on about every 6 months.  In between that, it's water or soda pop -- although I gave up pop for lent.   ;D

IMHO, I can't see where carrying into a bar is going to end up being any fun for you or the potential outcome should something happen.  If you're going to a bar where you feel the threat level is high enough that you should carry -- why go?  Don't get me wrong.  Watching two drunk guys duke it out is entertaining for a few moments -- women are just plain boring with the scratching and slapping -- I guess I'd rather not go instead of having to watch my back the whole night.  I sit in the corner anyway, but I wouldnt be comfortable carrying in a drinking establishment.  and I'm not talking about TGIF's or Red Robster. 

Always open to another point of view, Moosie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version