Author Topic: small supertuck problem  (Read 5107 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
small supertuck problem
« on: January 23, 2011, 01:48:44 PM »
I am wondering if I like the clips on my supertuck. I find them alowing the holster to move around some with my daily moving . Also once and a while the holster and my gun comes loose ( uncliped) and starts to slide up and woking its way out of my pants. I ues a heavy belt that the amish made and I also have a store bought "gun belt" but it dosent seem to matter. This isnt a problem that happens everyday but it does happen. I would like to see the company offer leather loops to put on the holster . Has anyone else had this poblem?

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: small supertuck problem
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »
No cant say I have ever had a problem. I use a heavy gun belt too. I the belt the right width for the clips?
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:33:10 PM »
No cant say I have ever had a problem. I use a heavy gun belt too. I the belt the right width for the clips?
yea. It fits the belt well, but the clips just work off the belt. Maybe theirs not enough room for me and the supertuck  :o

Grunt4Life

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
I'm a big guy (5'11" 290lbs) and have never had a problem. Try adjusting position, the cant and/or height of holster or all of the above. 
Sean

Grunt4Life
"Semper Fi"

Lest I keep my complacent way, I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today, As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for today?"
- Eleanor Roosevelt.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 09:18:44 PM »
I'm with grunt4life never had a problem. Sounds like the belt.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 09:51:03 PM »
ill give it a try.

g23

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
Also a bigger guy here and dont have the problem. I carried with the metal clips that it came with for a while then bought a belt from them with the velcro on the back with the velcro clips and that works even better. When using the metal clips it would slide a small amount through out the day but nothing major. ALways remained on the belt just would move an inch in either direction aroundmy waist. Now with the velcro I cant move it if I wanted to. I will never go back to a non velcro clip.  Plus with the velcro you cant see any clip on the belt at all... 100% concealed

Simpleman71

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 03:55:25 AM »
Mine moves around a little. Sounds like I might be trying the velcro clips myself.

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 11:48:10 AM »
Never had a problem either & I've always used the thick belts.
Alan

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »
g23. I was wondering about the velcro. Everything I have ever had with velcro worn out. For the price of the belt I hope it last a looong time. Whats your opinion on it? How do you think it would hold up with say construction workers? 

g23

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 03:32:33 PM »
Well I am an auto technician and I wear my belt 7 days a week and they only think that has changed since the first day I put the belt on is it seems to be a little more flexible which makes it easier to put on. I dont see any change in the operation of the velcro and the clips are holding up well. I do make sure to try to keep the lint out of it or any other debris that could get stuck there.  The crossbreed belt with velcro was a great purchase for me. Even if I had to buy a new one every year it would be a no brainer. The benefits out weigh the cost.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »
Thanks g23