Author Topic: benefits of an open carry state (for a CCW permit holder)?  (Read 3115 times)

error404

benefits of an open carry state (for a CCW permit holder)?
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »
are there any benefits for a CCW permit holder if their state allows open carry? (I'm talking specifically of Delaware  ;D )

how about printing? is it okay?

g23

Re: benefits of an open carry state (for a CCW permit holder)?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:41:45 AM »
Well it may have more benifits for some then others but the  biggest is that you can carry  CONCEALED I feel that open carry can lead to alot of problems since most of our society are uneducated about gun laws.  I think you need to ask yourself if your ok with walking around with a gun hanging out in the open. I like the fact that people dont know that im carrying unless i want them to know.   As far as printing goes there isnt a law that says you cant print but I would say that we all try to avoid it the best we can.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:16:45 AM »
Printing totally defeats the purpose of carrying concealed and IMO can get you in trouble if someone realizes you're doing it on purpose. Aside from the fact that no one thinks you're cooler or bigger or badder just because they see you're carrying a gun. Most likely they'll just think you're a cop or they'll call the cops and let them sort it out.  Your permit can (and it does happen) be revoked if they see you misusing it.  Realize that the presence of a gun to the uneducated public heightens any situation... including just a plain old shopping trip.

No, there are no additional benefits for a permit holder if you're allowed to carry open.  I don't have a problem with those who do carry openly, it's just not for me. 

As g23 stated, the general public is SEVERELY misguided on firearms.  For instance, you have no idea how many conversations I've read or had where some uneducated public Joe thinks that Loughner used an AUTOMATIC weapon to shoot what's her face.  "We should ban those types of guns.  There's no reason why anyone of the general public should have a gun like that... "   ?  It was a semi-automatic hand gun. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

error404

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:45:19 AM »
Thanks guys... and I agree with your comments  ;D

It doesn't sound like it will have any positive or negative impact in what I'm already used to doing (moved from FL)

I feel that open carry can lead to alot of problems since most of our society are uneducated about gun laws. 
100% agree on that...