Author Topic: Gun stores in the Wilmington, Newark area  (Read 10800 times)

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Gun stores in the Wilmington, Newark area
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 04:32:48 PM »
Awesome, which one did you get?

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 06:39:39 PM »
Thanks guys...

I found what I was looking for in Targetmaster (it's in transition to X-ring). I was reading in some S&W forums of people waiting +5 months for the next batch.

Tollhouse cookies??

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »
Thanks for giving X-Ring a chance. Online reviews often attract the worst & the darkest, and many of us on this forum are satisfied X-Ring customers.

If your computer gets sick or dies, shoot me a PM.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

error404

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 08:14:14 PM »
Thanks guys... I was waiting to get some pictures before reporting back..

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:24:56 PM by error404 »

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:49 PM »
Nice pistol, congrats!

Which AR and optics?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:52:31 AM by Condition 1 »

error404

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 10:37:08 PM »
Nice pistol, congrats!

Which AR and optics?

16" Spikes Tactical Upper (w/ 9" B.A.R. rail)
AIM lower w/ RRA two stage trigger
Primary Arms M3 Red dot w/ x3 Magnifier

It gets the job done  ;)

Yes... I like Black backgrounds

Grebnehtor

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 05:05:33 AM »
Is Blue Hen still around?  Website is gone and I've left Dan a few messages with no response back.  This was last Christmas though.

scottf

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 12:26:34 PM »
I've had a good experience with X-Ring. Purchased a used Glock 34 from Targetmaster, which they transferred to X-Ring (who charged me $25). Purchased at Targetmaster on Saturday, had Glock on Tuesday afternoon. Transaction was smooth and the folks at X-Ring were very helpful.

Millers is about a mile from my office but every time I go in there I get annoyed. Don't get me wrong, they are pleasant but it's so tight in there and they always seem to be understaffed (I run a business so I know you can't have folks just standing around). Besides, they are always overpriced, IMO. Case in point was this week. I wanted to purchase a Ruger LCP so I headed over to Millers on Monday. As usual, the three guys were fully engaged with customers (or tire kickers). After about a ten minute wait, the LCP was put on the counter and the guy waiting on me disappeared.. literally. He didn't return for 15 minutes. He put the gun back in the case while conversing with another person and never asked if I even wanted to purchase one. Voted with my feet.

Did some research and contacted Brandt at First State Firearms (http://web.userinstinct.com/18560014-first-state-firearms.htm) in Hockessin. He was able to get me a really good price on an LCP with the integrated Lasermax, matching the best delivered price I could find on-line (included shipping and FFL transfer fee of $15). Handed over the cash to him on Wednesday morning and had the pistol on Friday evening. I'd do business with him again and recommend his services.

czer

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 02:04:14 AM »
Does First State actually have a store?

firststatefirearms

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 04:51:39 AM »
No, we currently do not have a store front.  However, we are looking for a store front.  We will post a thread when we open the store front.  

We can order just about anything anyone is looking for.  Give us a chance to meet your shooting needs.

We can be reached at 302-420-1698 or at firststatefirearms@verizon.net
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:57:23 AM by firststatefirearms »
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

czer

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 12:47:51 AM »
Hey Error, looking at those photographs... gee... I'm not sure whether you mean shoot them or make love to them!

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »
HEY First State. Its all fine and dandy giving away firearms at cost BUT do you think that these people who are buying online will be your customers when you have the store front??? Boy are they going to be pissed when you need to make a profit to pay the rent. Trust me they will jump ship real fast!! Bs I'm not paying that price. I can get it online for .01.
Good Luck
Craig

scottf

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »
HEY First State. Its all fine and dandy giving away firearms at cost BUT do you think that these people who are buying online will be your customers when you have the store front??? Boy are they going to be pissed when you need to make a profit to pay the rent. Trust me they will jump ship real fast!! Bs I'm not paying that price. I can get it online for .01.
Good Luck
Craig

Who said he was giving things away at cost? His pricing was essentially identical to Targetmaster in PA. The difference is that I don't have to pay for the transfer cost.

I've had both brick & mortar and online storefronts. While having a storefront can increase costs, the thing to do is provide services in the storefront that cannot be replicated online (Targetmaster has a shooting range).