Author Topic: App submitted  (Read 11249 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: App submitted
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 11:14:16 PM »
I posted this before somewhere.. but it does offer hope!

Welcome to the best forum!

I really don't know what everyone is doing wrong!  I received my license the very next day after I submitted the application.  AND the judge called to apologize for the delay.  Had a trooper hand deliver the license to my door with a coupon for IHOP.  Somehow, they actually photo-shoped my passport photo to make me look like Bradly Cooper!  The expiration is 2050! And instead of the old laminated card they gave me bronze one with the Bill of Rights hand inscribed on the back.

I just don't know what you all are doing wrong!

Couldn't resist!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 12:14:18 AM »
Somehow, they actually photo-shoped my passport photo to make me look like Bradly Cooper!...
I'd complain if they made me look like a squid! Now looking like Carlos Hathcock complete with white feather would be a compliment.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

A_Christopher84

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »
I posted this before somewhere.. but it does offer hope!

Welcome to the best forum!

I really don't know what everyone is doing wrong!  I received my license the very next day after I submitted the application.  AND the judge called to apologize for the delay.  Had a trooper hand deliver the license to my door with a coupon for IHOP.  Somehow, they actually photo-shoped my passport photo to make me look like Bradly Cooper!  The expiration is 2050! And instead of the old laminated card they gave me bronze one with the Bill of Rights hand inscribed on the back.

I just don't know what you all are doing wrong!

Couldn't resist!

:D :D :D :D :D
USAF, Active Duty
03/C&R FFL
(Kent County)

America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln

A_Christopher84

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 11:26:30 AM »
I just got my 03/C&R FFL a few months ago. Any idea if this might speed the issue process for me?
I have heard from 2 sources that a C&R may be a valid reason to get a Maryland license.  Don't know if this is true or not.   

What?
USAF, Active Duty
03/C&R FFL
(Kent County)

America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 08:44:14 PM »
I don't see any connection between having a C&R license and getting an impossible permit in MD.
New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 09:03:29 PM »
I don't see any connection between having a C&R license and getting an impossible permit in MD.
Because in the Maryland gun laws there is an exemption for licensed gun collectors transporting their weapons.  Supposedly several have used the transport of their collections as a good and substantial reason for needing to carry in order to protect their arms while traveling. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

A_Christopher84

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 11:47:22 PM »
My only question with receiving my C&R was if having a background check that recently for it would provide any leverage in the process.
USAF, Active Duty
03/C&R FFL
(Kent County)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 01:22:02 AM »
My only question with receiving my C&R was if having a background check that recently for it would provide any leverage in the process.
I think we got side tracked. In Delaware I would say it would not be of any help.  But who knows. I would be very careful if putting it as your reason as you might wind up with a restricted license.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 04:00:51 AM »
Somehow, they actually photo-shoped my passport photo to make me look like Bradly Cooper!...
I'd complain if they made me look like a squid! Now looking like Carlos Hathcock complete with white feather would be a compliment.

Squid -- a higher form of marine life.   ;D
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 11:05:18 AM »

Squid -- a higher form of marine life.   ;D

Hey!  I resemble that remark!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

A_Christopher84

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 05:10:39 PM »
I didn't mention it in my application.
USAF, Active Duty
03/C&R FFL
(Kent County)