Author Topic: New member with a question.  (Read 3062 times)

king10

New member with a question.
« on: December 07, 2015, 07:40:17 PM »
Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience.  I am interested in applying for a CC but wonder how strict the "proof of need" is.  Is protection of self, family and property enough in Delaware or do I need to show some other justification?

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: New member with a question.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 07:49:36 PM »
protection of self, family and property

That is a perfect reason anything else added may prolong it.  I had a friend think it be easier to mention he was carrying for his business and that was a huge mistake.  He had to supply all of his business information it was not a good experience.  Best to just keep it simple they could also restrict when you carry stick to that reason above and you will be fine providing there is no criminal history or anything else that would prevent you from getting a firearm let alone carrying one.  What county are you in?
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

king10

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 07:58:38 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm glad to hear that.  I'm in Kent County and recently purchased an AR15 with no trouble with the background check.  No record, not even a speeding ticket.  Hope the application goes smoothly.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:05:25 PM »
In NCC, heard some who used that and it was fine.  Others, not specific enough.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm glad to hear that.  I'm in Kent County and recently purchased an AR15 with no trouble with the background check.  No record, not even a speeding ticket.  Hope the application goes smoothly.

Kent is way smoother than NCC
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 09:54:43 PM »
The process for buying a gun has no bearing on the Concealed Carry license approval process.  Buying an AR 15 is the same approval as buying a single shot shotgun. In fact the approver ( NICS) will not even know what you are buying except that they will know if it is a handgun only because you can't buy a handgun unless you are 21.

If you can't pass the background check to buy a gun ( any gun) you won't get a CCW license.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:58:55 PM »
I had the pre application what if too it's normal for some.  If  you get denied you can always appeal it sometimes they just want to talk to you even though I hear it is far and few in between that they do that.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God