Author Topic: Does this sound right to you  (Read 2054 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Does this sound right to you
« on: August 30, 2016, 04:21:30 AM »
Again since being new to all this. I went to dover to get finger printed. they gave me a receipt for paying for it and they gave me a form saying i completed it. They said they would send it to the sussex county Proprietary's office. I asked if i'd get a copy of it in the mail, he said he wasn't sure. I said, well how am i supposed to know if it went through, beings i have to post it in the paper that i'm requesting a permit. He said i should just call the prothonotary's office in a couple weeks to find out.. So should i wait to call them before i make a post in the paper? and does this sound right?
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Does this sound right to you
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 05:57:29 AM »
Yes.. that's how it works. You go in, prints are done, you get a receipt, go home, submit your intent to the local paper, wait the 10 days and then send in your paperwork once you receive the letter from the paper. Include that and a copy of the fingerprinting receipt in your application documents and file them in the Sussex Proprietary's office. Your fingerprints are not sent to you nor do you receive anything from from them directly. They are sent directly to the Sussex Proprietary's office.

This is one reason why you need to submit to the Proprietary's office of your country. It's a process. A GOVERNMENT process at that! why would you think it would sound right? Of course it doesn't.. its Government. Just follow the process. Don't question it. This is how ever other CCDW permit in Delaware has been processed for over 100 years now with very few changes.

FreakShow

• Life Member
Re: Does this sound right to you
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:54:46 PM »
Sounds good enough to me, thanks for the help.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member