Author Topic: Missouri now permitless carry After 1 Jan 2017  (Read 3256 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Missouri now permitless carry After 1 Jan 2017
« on: September 17, 2016, 03:22:46 PM »
This week by a wide margin, both chambers of the state legislature have voted to override Governor Nixon's veto of a "constitutional carry" bill that had passed this summer

Missouri will now join 11 other states that will no longer require a license or permit to carry a firearm concealed or open.

Of course the media is shrieking about how dangerous this is and foretelling the tired and worn out warnings of shootouts at every intersection , Wild West, and OK corral.  

Never mentioned of course how this has not come to pass in any of these states that have removed this requirement beginning in 2003. ( Vermont, that incredibly dangerous place has NEVER required a permission slip for open or concealed carry)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:48:55 AM by Radnor »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Missouri now permitless carry
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 05:15:45 PM »
I said last year this was going to happen and glad to see those states changing. It is a constitutional right regardless of how modern day courts decide to read into that and I've often thought the permit bit was crazy. While I believe people should have some training I believe it should be on that person to do so, not ordered mandatory by the government. I fully support this and firmly believe this is a Good Thing.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 05:35:10 PM »
Constitutional Carry law effective 1 Jan 2017
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 07:40:13 PM »
This is a great trend and great for the good citizens of Missouri.  We know that this will never happen in DE until the DemoRATS are voted out. We also have to be real and know that this will never happen.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Paladin4CA

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 12:58:19 AM »
FWIW Sununu, who's running for NH governor, says on his website that he'll sign ConCarry. So, if he wins in Nov, NH will most likely go permitless in 2017 and there will be a solid block of "green" in the NE: VT, NH and ME.

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

NormH3

• Life Member
Re: Missouri now permitless carry After 1 Jan 2017
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 03:50:46 PM »
I think just as big a step would be if the 8 may issue states go shall issue. At least for now.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Missouri now permitless carry After 1 Jan 2017
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 05:30:00 PM »
Delaware is basically Shall Issue in all but word of law. Complete the requirements and legally be able to have a firearm and you're pretty much good. Compared to other May Issue states we've got it quite well.. heck we've got it better then some Shall Issue states with where we're allowed to carry as well.