General Gun Discussion > Ammunition and Re-Loading

Preferred 9mm carry ammo

<< < (5/6) > >>

topper:

--- Quote from: 563jack on December 01, 2017, 11:01:54 PM ---Here's a web site that list the top 5 defense rounds used by different police department.
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/the-best-5-self-defense-ammo-for-9mm-used-by-law-enforcement/

--- End quote ---

I was looking for specific Police Departments, but this gave me some important info about my pistol and this ammo. I will probably switch now.

Thank you 563jack.

Just Bill:
I see that none use less than a 124gr bullet......

Bill

Federal Firearm:
liberty defense and only liberty

FreakShow:
now i'm gonna have to look that up on your site,lol

hap_hazzard:

--- Quote from: 563jack on November 28, 2017, 07:52:29 PM ---Hey Hap, I did a little looking around on those underwood defense round and they appear to be great when you want to go thru a hard substance like a car door, windshield, plywood. they tend to maintain their shape when they hit things like bone or glass and don't deviate as much as HP after penetrating a hard object. On gel test they seam to be more stable than a HP with a deeper penetration. Overall, I think I'll wait until the FBI, ATF, LEO start using them vs HP. I wonder why we don't see more information of that type of bullet in hunting articles. They sure look like they could cause a lot of damage and aid in stopping a threat.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, thinking same thing.  That said, this could be the ticket for my LCP 380 :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version