CCW Methods & Issues > New CCW Permit Holders

Anyone receive a pardon and then get CCDW?

(1/4) > >>

SamMangoes:
I was formerly a person prohibited due to some non-violent drug charges from over a decade ago. I put in for and received a full pardon for all of my charges.

My question is has anyone received a pardon and then gone on to receive their CCDW.

I’m now legally armed, even went out and applied for a type 03 FFL which was approved, have a UPIN because I’m frequently delayed.

I’ve already put the ad in the news journal, finger printing, have the five non-familial or cohabitant references, notarized application, affidavit from the paper, and am including a certified copy of my full pardon from the governor.

What do you think my odds are?

Oaklandopen:
Interesting issue but it sounds like you have everything in order.  I'm no lawyer or anything

The only thing I can think of is if anyone wants to red flag you after the newspaper posting,  since delaware is one of those states that says you have to prove your own innocence. Or they might want an interview with a judge or something.  That's my best guess

I've had a streamlined process during my apps and renewals over 3 different states,  but I also have nothing in my background

Clarence:

--- Quote from: SamMangoes on May 11, 2023, 08:05:12 PM ---I was formerly a person prohibited due to some non-violent drug charges from over a decade ago. I put in for and received a full pardon for all of my charges.

My question is has anyone received a pardon and then gone on to receive their CCDW.

I’m now legally armed, even went out and applied for a type 03 FFL which was approved, have a UPIN because I’m frequently delayed.

I’ve already put the ad in the news journal, finger printing, have the five non-familial or cohabitant references, notarized application, affidavit from the paper, and am including a certified copy of my full pardon from the governor.

What do you think my odds are?

--- End quote ---
With a full pardon I think you are fine.  That is the effect of a pardon.  I believe that you now can also get an expungement as well

SamMangoes:
Just recently submitted the expungement paper work.

I had spoken with an investigator, because I had reached out to inquire if I should even apply, and he said it depends on your charges really. Even with an expungement there is a caveat for explicitly this situation and I believe a few other police investigatory reasons where they can still see your record no matter what.

However like I said in my post, it’s all non-violent drug offenses. I’ve never had any type of violent charge or even a charge with a victim, besides myself and the “state” I guess⸮

Waiting to hear back, if I’m denied I’ve preemptively been looking for an attorney to represent me in my appeal. I haven’t found one yet, I’ve reached out to a few. I’m always open to suggestions, I’d like an attorney at the ready anyway in case I ever have to use my firearms in a defensive situation.

SamMangoes:
Just found out I was approved. Couldn’t believe it. I’ve been open carrying for a while, it’s going to be nice not having to worry about my shirt draping over my pistol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version