Author Topic: New member, New Castle County  (Read 5580 times)

Packing_Nine

New member, New Castle County
« on: February 05, 2016, 12:13:45 AM »
Welcome, all. I've been reading the forums for a short while as a guest, but this is my first post. I'm a new member, and I just received my license in the mail today from the Office of the Prothonotary. I filed my application plus training certificate at the court house, 128 days ago. That's just a little over four months, and trust me - I've been counting. I'm just your ordinary average husband and father, in the mid-40's, with a non-existent record. I felt it was time to do my part to protect the ones I love and myself, and I wish I had done so quite some time ago.

I intend to apply for my Pennsylvania non-resident "LTCF" (license to carry firearm?). From what I've been able to gather, the best approach is to print and complete two (?) copies of form 3880 and drive to the Lancaster County Sheriff's office with funds in hand. Is this still the case? It's more than a good hour's drive from where I live, but I don't mind if that's the way to go.

Again, it's a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances. Be sure to stay safe and responsible.

Landmgr

Re: New member, New Castle County
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 12:47:04 AM »
Welcome, all. I've been reading the forums for a short while as a guest, but this is my first post. I'm a new member, and I just received my license in the mail today from the Office of the Prothonotary. I filed my application plus training certificate at the court house, 128 days ago. That's just a little over four months, and trust me - I've been counting. I'm just your ordinary average husband and father, in the mid-40's, with a non-existent record. I felt it was time to do my part to protect the ones I love and myself, and I wish I had done so quite some time ago.

I intend to apply for my Pennsylvania non-resident "LTCF" (license to carry firearm?). From what I've been able to gather, the best approach is to print and complete two (?) copies of form 3880 and drive to the Lancaster County Sheriff's office with funds in hand. Is this still the case? It's more than a good hour's drive from where I live, but I don't mind if that's the way to go.

Again, it's a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances. Be sure to stay safe and responsible.

Welcome and congrats on getting your permit. Yes I picked up my PA permit a few weeks and what you describe is still the case. It's very easy and I was in and out in about 20 minutes.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 01:14:02 AM »
Welcome @packing_nine.  (Ruger Single Nine .22 Mag?).  Two copies, best printed two-sided, sign when you get there.  Well worth the trip. UT permit is also good to have.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

64Falconguy

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »
Welcome, and congrats on getting your permit. I started my wait 1/20/16. Going to be a loonnnggg 4 months it seems. Lol.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »
Welcome @packing_nine.  (Ruger Single Nine .22 Mag?). 

...10mm Colt Delta Elite 8+1?
Welcome to the unorganized militia!
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:34:22 AM »
Welcome to the group
New Castle County

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:02:33 PM »
Make your trip to coincide with the gun show if possible. Makes it all worth it. Congrats on your CCDW.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 05:24:14 PM »
Welcome from Lower Slower DE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 12:43:11 AM »
Congrats & welcome to the group.
It should be around 20 Minutes in & out as long as there are no issues!
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 01:43:11 AM »
congratulations and welcome to the group.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Packing_Nine

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 02:16:27 PM »
Congrats & welcome to the group.
It should be around 20 Minutes in & out as long as there are no issues!

Thanks to all for the welcomes. Yes, the PA process was short and straightforward. I wish the DE process could be as efficient. If anyone else is in need of their PA LTCF, Lancaster County is definitely the place to go.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 09:06:48 PM »
Good news.  Welcome to the group. Let us know your experiences. This is the best place for information and help. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.