Author Topic: NCC Newspaper Ad  (Read 5779 times)

MikeF

NCC Newspaper Ad
« on: September 20, 2011, 04:58:40 AM »
Hi all!  I was just wondering if there was another paper in NCC that is cheaper than The News Journal that we can use. 

Thanks!

Mike

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: NCC Newspaper Ad
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 10:48:41 AM »
Hi Mike,

There are several "acceptable" news papers in NCC, however, it depends on where you live.  What city is your mailing address? 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

MikeF

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
I live in Wilmington.  (19803 zip).

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:44:14 PM »
I would be tempted to say that the Hockessin News would suffice, BUT... call the prothonotary's office to double check. They're a LOT cheaper than the news urinal.

Hope this helps

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

NCCCCDW

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 02:36:53 AM »
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, does anyone know of a paper in New Castle, 19720 that is cheaper? I saw it lists New Castle weekly but I can't find Any info for them. I'm not sure of they exist any more.

Fishhunter911

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, does anyone know of a paper in New Castle, 19720 that is cheaper? I saw it lists New Castle weekly but I can't find Any info for them. I'm not sure of they exist any more.

I too was wondering the same thing about 19720.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 02:17:04 AM »
As far as I know the small community news papers are not acceptable.  Hockessin Residents can not use the Hockessin Community News.  Newark residents can use the Newark Post.  Non Newark Residents can not use the Newark Post.  The News Journal is pricey but it is accepatable for all of New Castle County. 
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 11:25:45 PM »
If you live in the 19720 zip code the New Castle Weekly will work. Their number is 302-328-6005.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Capnball

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »
Mike, I was told pretty much the same thing. The issue with the less expensive newspapers is circulation. Many of them don't meet the 35% or more in the particular zip code. I was told to use the NJ simply because it will meet the circulation requirements in any zip code in NCC. But, it wasn't exactly cheap. I spent $73.00 on the ad. $43.00 for ad itself and $30.00 for the notarized copy that they mail back to you. I didn't do it but, I thought about contacting The Newark Post and asking about the circulation in my zip to see if it would meet requirements but, the NJ was fairly simple once I got in touch with the person that handles the Legal ads,  she was pretty easy to deal with and walked me through the whole process, only took about 15 minutes and my ad ran the next day. Not to get off topic, but it does seem strange that we are required to keep the fact that we are armed hidden from public view but before you actually do it you are required to announce it to the entire State (almost) with full name and address. Sort of like telling the whole world that "hey there's probably a gun or 2 at this address" Seems that there is a disconnect in the logic. People do read the ads, I got a call from someone that I know the day the ad ran, that had no idea that I was applying. I was asked if there was a "reason that I didn't feel safe". Awkward conversation.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 09:29:37 PM »
Capnball,
I can't believe somebody you didn't know actually called you and asked such a question. Takes all kinds, I guess.
The best way to find out where to post ad id to call the AG office and ask them what print media is authorized in your county. They know, but don't put out a list for some reason. I live in Kent County and used the Dover Post, as most people do. I've heard bad things about the Delaware State News, as far as the info they want to publishe your "Legal Notice". Maybe that's why you see so few in that paper. At the Dover Post yo go in and it's all don right at the front desk and in a courtious manner.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun