Author Topic: New Permit Holder  (Read 7079 times)

n3wcb

• Stand For Isreal !!!
New Permit Holder
« on: January 15, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »
Hey All,

On December 2, 2011, I submitted all of the required paperwork to the Office of the Prothonotary, at the Kent County Court house in beautiful and historic Dover, De., where the unseen occupiers are.  However they left their many signs of stupidity stuck in the ground for all to see and read.  Oh Yeah I submitted my paperwork at the court.  On January 11, 2012, I received a letter from the Prothonotary with a permit to Carry a Concealed Weapon.  Well being the responsible citizen I am, I developed reasons to visit the nearby Camden Walmart for some much needed supplies and provisions for the homestead.  Since Santa seen fit to bring a shiny new Ruger SR40c to my loading bench, for Christmas.  I felt I should take it out for some much needed fresh air.  I also felt since as of that day it had not been to a retail establishment, it needed the experience of capitalism at its best.  So I gently wrapped it in a warm Crossbreed Inside the Waistband holster (it doesn't need to catch a cold, it was raining outside).  Off to Walmart we went.  It was a very uneventful trip.  Just the way it should be.  I felt slightly nervous at first, and I ran into someone I knew and briefly spoke to him, and we wished each other a good New Year, and the nervousness dissipated.  All and all it was a satisfying feeling of safety.  I received the permit in just over 5 1/2 weeks.  Not to long if you consider Christmas and New Years is a time that many people take off work or at least just slow down, for what ever reason.

Thanks

Danny
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

Gen.5.SSRS

• *Legalize Freedom*
Re: New Permit Holder
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 08:19:21 PM »
Congratulations Dad!  So it was time and money well spent huh?   Its good to see you liked my Crossbreed, hope you get yours soon.  Also glad you liked the SR40c, Santa left for you, he worked hard for it..  ;D     Congrats, hope you never have to use it.  Stay Safe out there!
--GOD Bless our Service Members--

I will not surrender what it was our fathers died to bear!

Our freedom was won by the citizen-soldier refusing to give in to tyranny. It must be protected by him as well.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:44:50 PM »
Congrats Danny.
Sounds like you have everything under control!
New Castle County

Rfscanner

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 12:09:49 AM »
Congratulation! Danny, That was quick. Stay safe and keep an eye on your six.

Rf
"A government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, tax paying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust." Founding Fathers.
NRA, DSSA and DSA Member.
Kent County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »
Wow Danny, that was the fastest new application process I've heard of lately. I submitted on Dec 19th and thought it would be sometime in March before I get mine. Maybe I'll get it by the end of January, with luck. I'm a good old, made in USA, Ruger guy my self. I looked at and tried Glocks and Kimbers and fail to see the big deal.(sorry, I know I just stepped on some toes) I sure don't see the need to send money to other countries, in the purchase of firearms when Ruger is right here in Prescot Az. Have a good year.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »
Congrats!!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Willie848

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 01:04:46 AM »
I'm trying to get some info on applying for a non resident permit in Pa. I have my permit for the state of Delaware do anyone know how long it will take to process non residents. 

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 02:28:55 AM »
Depends which county you go to in PA Willie.
Everyone was using Centre county, but you now must appear in person there (I think). Everyone seems to be using Lancaster county. I did Delaware county (Media courthouse). Either way, 3-4 weeks total.
New Castle County

John

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »
Wow, that was quick!  Congrats.  Don't worry, it won't be long before you are nervous when you're Not Carrying. ;D

Willie848

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 02:45:53 AM »
Delaware County it is I called up there today for the hours and cost wasn't thinking to ask what I needed to bring. What all do I need to carry with me. I have my photos and my completed application with references and ccw permit and $ 20.000 anything else i need.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 09:40:17 PM »
Willie,
All the info for Delaware county PA CCDW is here:
http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/weapons.html

You need completed but unsigned application, two references, $25 cash or money order (no checks). They will take the photo in the sheriff's office. Hmmmmm....the app states $25, but I thought I paid closer to $50.....bring plenty of cash.
New Castle County