Author Topic: NCC permit application almost ready to be submitted  (Read 4076 times)

lowerthanzimny

NCC permit application almost ready to be submitted
« on: March 14, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »
Hey guys,

I am taking my CCDW course this sunday with First State Firearms, then next week i will be getting my finger prints and be ready to submit my application by the end of next week. Excited to hurry up and wait, will be even more excited when it finally comes in. I have my references done, ad was ran in the paper on 3/6, had my fiancee take my pictures and re-sized them to a 2x2, and my application is filled out and notarized.

Can't wait to be a armed NCC citizen!

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: NCC permit application almost ready to be submitted
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 02:06:27 AM »
Welcome!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:52:10 AM »
Welcome. Wife and I took their course earlier this year. It's a fun day and you'll take a ton of information home with you afterwards. Sounds like you're on the right track.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »
My wife and I just completed our CCDW course on Wednesday. We had a very enjoyable day and learned some new information that will help in the future. We will file for our CCDW as soon as we receive the certificate for completing the course.

Also welcome to the forum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 11:29:14 PM »
Good luck. I took my course with first state as well. It was a good class. The kitty kat even came down to say hi during the lunch break ( must have been my salami and provalone sandwich).

Dave was really a good instructor. He also taught me the value of carrying a tactical flashlight which I do today.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

lowerthanzimny

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 01:35:51 PM »
Good luck. I took my course with first state as well. It was a good class. The kitty kat even came down to say hi during the lunch break ( must have been my salami and provalone sandwich).

Dave was really a good instructor. He also taught me the value of carrying a tactical flashlight which I do today.

Dave and Jeff did a awesome job. It was a great learning experience. 

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 12:37:09 AM »
Submitted my application to the office in Georgetown this afternoon. The lady that processed the application and took my check said "it is taking 60 to 90 days now and to expect a longer wait as there are hundreds submitting applications". At this rate the CCDW population is Sussex could be as much as 10%.

I was hoping for a better response time than 60 to 90, but it is what it is. Now I wait along with the other "hundreds".

SIGH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
My instruction sheet said 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
Are you sure about the 2"?
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 11:31:43 PM »
Instructions do say 1.5" x 1.5".
However I submitted standard 2x2 passport photos, and there was no issue.
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 01:48:15 AM »
My renewal has slightly larger photos.  Not an issue.  Both time were DIY for the photos.
the 1st, I did with a digital camera.  Then brought them home and sized them with photo shop.
The renewals....  Doing a UT class and we needed to set up the camera.  Asked the other guy if he was due for his
renewal.  When he said no, I told him I'll sit there, I am.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.