Author Topic: Pa non resident renewal, does county matter?  (Read 4202 times)

Gorski

Pa non resident renewal, does county matter?
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:17:43 AM »
Hey All, 

I've got to renew my Pa non resident permit, I got the original via us mail, when you could, I now need to go in person to renew.  Question is, I got my original permit in Centre County, can I now go to Lancaster County or do I need to go to Centre because that was where it was issued first.

Thanks
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Pa non resident renewal, does county matter?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 01:50:41 AM »
As the process in PA for renewal is exactly the same as a new LTCF, there does not appear to be any reason that you could not go to Lancaster.  

I would call and ask.   They are very friendly up there.  

717-299-8200

Let us know the answer.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:53:25 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 02:40:13 AM »
Since you are a non-PA resident you can go to any sheriff.  There are a few sheriffs that will illegally refuse to issue to non-residents but Lancaster is a good one. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:35:24 AM »
You can go to any Sheriff. However, as mentioned above, you should call first to make sure they do out of state.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
Berks, Bucks, or Lancaster Co.  You'll be in and out in 20 minutes WITH you new LTCF.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

glock9

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 10:12:37 PM »
my father just went through this.. as the first permit was through centre county the other county cant issue you a new one till a few days before yours expires.. you cant have two permits at one time from two different courts.

Gorski

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »
Update, 

Went to Lancaster County Sheriff yesterday to renew PA non res permit.  ..WOW..  Staff VERY friendly, helpful.  I gave the gal my filled out form, she reviewed it, copied my DL, took my $20 and said have a seat.  Walked to the men's room, returned and was having my picture taken in less than 3 mins.  All in all I was in and out in under 20 minutes and there were 2 folks ahead of me

DE could learn a few things for sure..   HIGHLY recommend Lancaster County Sheriff for renewals!
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County