Author Topic: RUGER LCP  (Read 5291 times)

Spartacus

RUGER LCP
« on: April 25, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »
With summer right around the corner it can be harder to carry concealed.  Here is what I will be turning to for concealed carry when we aren't wearing bulky winter clothing.

I have only put 50 rounds through the little guy, but haven't had any problems with function yet.  I will put another 200 rounds through it before I decide to actually carry it (Plus got to wait on the carry permit. I have time) I had to put the finger extension on the magazine my hands aren't huge but there isn't alot to grip and the .380 auto is a bit snappy.  Sights aren't ment for long range

[attachment deleted by admin]

glock9

Re: RUGER LCP
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »
i added the crimson trace lazer to mine. awesome at night .

boarder2280

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:06:26 PM »
Spartacus,
How do you like the LCP?  I've been looking close at one, but haven't seen/heard a review from someone who wasn't getting paid to give their opinion.  Have you put any more round through it yet? 

Thanks!!

Boarder
M9 - Expert
M16 - Expert
Florida CCW

g23

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 07:04:26 PM »
how does this gun compare to a glock 27  in size?  I have shot a 27 and I really like it. I have pretty big hands and it still felt good

Spartacus

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »
The pros: It is crazy concealable, the price is right. The Cons: Trigger pull is 13ish pounds and long, sights kinda suck.  I have only shot 150 rounds through it, I had 2 FTE's which worry me but It hasn't done it for the past 90 rounds.

I don't own a glock so I wouldn't be able to give you a fair comparison, but looking at dimensions its about a half inch thinner.

g23

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »
I got a chance to get my hands on one of these LITTLE guys and I have mixed emotions.  First off this gun is VERY small. I asked before how it compared to a g27 and I would guess that it is half as thick. My hands seem to be to big to shoot on a regular basis. It felt very akward holding it. It would serve its purpose if you want to slide it on your pocket and use it to create distance if you had an encounter of sorts. However for me it doesnt seem to be accurate past 5 yards which I guess should be expected from a gun of this size. Also I dont like the long heavy trigger pull. All in all i guess its great to conceal if your running to the store in a pair of sweats but i'd rather have a little more gun with me.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 08:32:49 PM »
I got a chance to get my hands on one of these LITTLE guys and I have mixed emotions.  First off this gun is VERY small. I asked before how it compared to a g27 and I would guess that it is half as thick. My hands seem to be to big to shoot on a regular basis. It felt very akward holding it. It would serve its purpose if you want to slide it on your pocket and use it to create distance if you had an encounter of sorts. However for me it doesnt seem to be accurate past 5 yards which I guess should be expected from a gun of this size. Also I dont like the long heavy trigger pull. All in all i guess its great to conceal if your running to the store in a pair of sweats but i'd rather have a little more gun with me.
I felt the same way the size just cancels out the conceal ability.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

czer

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 12:18:52 AM »
g23 - A little smaller, my Kel-Tec P32 was at first a real handful - shots went all over the place. I wondered whether it was worht the trade off in wiehgt if I couldn't hit anything with it...Then I got an extended magazine and figured how to pull the trigger. The extended mag gave me a better grip - one more finger around the grip. Also, I could not get any accuracy out of it placing my finger on the trigger in my usual location, in the joint of my first and second digits. Then I figured out that if I pulled my trigger finger a little further out of the trigger guard and placed the PAD of my finger on the center of the trigger, I gained alot more trigger control and started to get accurate, even with a very long trigger pull. "Accurate" means most shots in a six inch circle at 15 feet - the realistic distance for this size gun. Then I started to enjoy shooting it. Try it, maybe it would work for your LCP!