CCW Methods & Issues > CCW Equipment

Are suppressors "CCW Equipment"?

(1/3) > >>

slsharp:
There has been 'discussion' here on the forum lately about the importance of being able to own suppressors.
So, my question is how many of us would carry (concealed) your pistol with a suppressor if allowed?
I've never owned or tried shooting with one, so I'm neither for or against them.
-Simon

Radnor:
I don't necessarily want to cc one. I'd like to have one for in the house (like what hearing I have). 

Someone asked what can they do?   IMHO  the best option is a HAND WRITTEN letter to elected officials.

sprue:
I wouldn't cc with it but I would definitely use it for home defense. Having a gun go off inside a small space like your bedroom or living room is incredibly damaging for your ears without hearing protection. It would also make training more enjoyable. Imagine a shooting range where everything is suppressed. It'd be like skipping rocks on a calm lake. Kidding, but it would be a lot easier to focus on the training.

Radnor:
BINGO!

slsharp:
Ok, I can see the training aspect.  Also the home defense reason to protect the hearing- but how often does one have to fire a gun in the house?  Hopefully never.
Another factor I can think of is that in the case of home intrusion, the unsuppressed loud blast scaring the poop out of the intruder so as not having to kill him or her.
-Simon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version