Author Topic: Attack on Judge Benitez  (Read 110 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Attack on Judge Benitez
« on: May 02, 2024, 02:32:25 PM »
Judge Roger Benitez of the 9th Federal Circuit has been disciplined and sanctioned to trying to send a message to the at risk daughter of a defendant. 

Judge Benitez has consistently upheld second amendment rights in the liberal ninth circuit and he is despised by the enemies of freedom.

Obviously  this sanctioning is meant to stifle Judge Benitez.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/san-diego-federal-judge-disciplined-for-misconduct/509-c3af0abe-2891-48da-8484-ee383e049112
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 05:18:44 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Re: Attack on Judge Benitez
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 02:13:25 PM »
Believe it or not, this bodes well for 2A litigants.  Federal Judges are assigned to handle both criminal and civil cases, given that Judge Benitez has voluntarily agreed not to preside over criminal proceedings given the accusations, it places him in civil land.  Keep in mind that most 2A cases are civil rather than criminal.  This is one where the antis stepped in it because they got over ambitious.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 11:31:05 AM »
Thanks, Mark, for your observation.  But as seems the course, the left is trying to stifle his opinion and put him in his place.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 11:40:13 AM »
The left is indeed trying to stifle his rulings, but they're also trying to do so by throwing the proverbial poo at the wall to see what sticks.  If they had half a brain between them all, they'd know that having a United States District judge voluntarily recuse himself from criminal proceedings would accomplish the opposite of their goal with respect to advancing gun control measures.  If they were smart (and they're not), they'd have found a way to have him recuse himself from presiding over civil cases.  Fortunately for us, the left has made their bed and now they've got to sleep in it given that United States District judges are appointed to a life term.  It would take far more serious misconduct for a judge to be removed from the bench.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 02:44:18 PM »
Thanks Marc.    We so much appreciate your input here.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.