Author Topic: Question about quality of Card  (Read 7207 times)

J.B.

Question about quality of Card
« on: April 23, 2015, 05:53:02 PM »
I just came across your forum. I've had my CCW license for a couple of years now, but my question is regarding the card I was issued. It is absolutely falling apart, and I've just kept it in my wallet. Also, it is very unprofessional looking. It really looks like something I could have made myself. I was actually shocked when it came in the mail. I got my CCW permit for PA, and was so impressed with my experience there. The whole process took about 40 minutes, and around $20.  I walked out of the Lancaster Co. Sheriff's Office with an outstanding card, made there on site, picture and all.  I've contacted the prothonotary, and she was nice enough, but absolutely no help when it came to understanding why such a inferior card is made in the first place.  I take it personally. We spend a mint trying to jump through the hoops to get the license, and then we're issued what looks like a fake ID? It's almost as though the state doesn't take the license seriously. Anyway, just wanted to know if this is a state-wide problem, and if there is anything that can be done to change the process. Thanks for your input!

Tonym

Re: Question about quality of Card
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 08:49:54 PM »
Its is pathetic looking. I sure somewhere in this state there has to be at least one person walking around with a fake
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 01:46:04 AM by Tonym »

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:19:29 PM »
At least they laminate the card. PA has a great card and it really looks official. It is a credit card type with your photo printed on the card. Maybe in the very near future DE will get their act together and produce a better card. I think they do a great job with the drivers license so they could it with the CCW permit card.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 12:46:42 AM »
Its it pathetic looking. I sure somewhere in this state there has to be at least one person walking around with a fake

Maybe one, but they're the dumbest person in the state. Any cop in America can verify that permit 24/7. If someone were stopped by the police while armed, and presented a fake (or revoked) permit, they would almost certainly end up arrested.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 01:21:11 AM »
Delaware is professional and attractive compared to Virginia
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 01:48:08 AM »
At least they laminate the card. PA has a great card and it really looks official. It is a credit card type with your photo printed on the card. Maybe in the very near future DE will get their act together and produce a better card. I think they do a great job with the drivers license so they could it with the CCW permit card.

But just a few years ago, the Pennsylvania license looked like a high school hall pass.  Actually, it varied by county, but most took the easy way, with just a piece of paper. So, maybe there is hope for Delaware.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:01:13 AM by CorBon »
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Tonym

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 01:49:38 AM »
The class i took said the police can only verify by calling into the prothonotary office and getting them to pull your file.

Would there be a downside to just having it printed on your drivers license?

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 03:17:11 AM »
Police in states like NJ and MD could use that info as an excuse to tear your car apart during a traffic stop. It also tells any merchant including nosy doctors offices who see your DL that you carry.  Also you would have to go to the DMV to get a new DL.  Too many unintended consequences
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:22:24 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 05:04:27 AM »
The class i took said the police can only verify by calling into the prothonotary office and getting them to pull your file.

If you consider getting shot on the side of the road by a "fearing for his safety" cop to be a downside --then, yes.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Tonym

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 04:32:54 PM »
Yeah that is a good point

ChrisCar

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 05:38:09 PM »

According to the AG's website:  "Law enforcement officials from other jurisdictions can verify Delaware CCDW permits by contacting the Delaware State Police Headquarters on a 24/7 basis via NLET.AM directed to DEDSP0000 or by calling 302-739-5901." 

See http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

Tonym

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 10:20:14 PM »
It did seem odd that such potentially important information could only be accessed during regular business hours. The instructor i had through trinity tactical in middle town made a specific point to inform us a police officer could only verify if a person had a permit by calling the court house.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 08:13:55 AM »
It did seem odd that such potentially important information could only be accessed during regular business hours. The instructor i had through trinity tactical in middle town made a specific point to inform us a police officer could only verify if a person had a permit by calling the court house.

Ever hear the saying "I read it online so it must be true"? Same can be applied to instructors as well unfortunately. I've seen half a dozen statements by instructors that were not completely correct. I've also corrected a professor during lecture (warning.. just don't do this as it doesn't go over well!). People make mistakes. I do all the time!  ;D