General Gun Discussion > Handgun Corner

Ruger SR22

<< < (2/3) > >>

SturmRugerSR9:
Sorry to hear of your trouble. I've had the SR9 and used it as my EDC for about 8-9 years and never found any ammo it wouldn't shoot. and I don't buy expensive ammo either. Have shot different brands in hollow points as well. No problem.

NormH3:
Ruger definitely has some good products and USUALLY is known for good service. I know you probably don't want to throw any more money at them, but maybe a third party gunsmith could help. Maybe sell the one as a "parts gun"? Legally of course :). Better a few bucks in your pocket than taking up room in the safe.
Interestingly enough, Ruger apparently was the first to develop the semi-auto .22 pistol back in 1949.

DelawareGold:
I will try the Gunsmith. I do hate to spend any more on these guns,
but if a Smith can get them reliable, I won't feel like I'm dumping them
on someone. Thanks.

SturmRugerSR9:
It is beyond me why anybody would waste money on a 22 pistol anyway.  Spend a few more dollars and get a real gun.
the 22 rifle is a favorite for shooting squirrels and rabbits and varmets.
But then again one never knows when you may be walking through a parking lot and be attacked by a squirrel.

NormH3:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on February 28, 2022, 09:31:51 PM ---It is beyond me why anybody would waste money on a 22 pistol anyway.  Spend a few more dollars and get a real gun.
the 22 rifle is a favorite for shooting squirrels and rabbits and varmets.
But then again one never knows when you may be walking through a parking lot and be attacked by a squirrel.

--- End quote ---
Some people enjoy shooting without the high noise level, cost and felt recoil. Choices are good. I own 3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version