State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation

<< < (53/53)

CorBon:
Regarding Pennsylvania, there are other counties.  My Lancaster one is due in April, though — so I will have to figure out where to go.  My first one was from York, before switching to Centre County — and then Lancaster.  So, I may call York around March, and go from there. Unless, of course, someone has better advice before then.

RLS:

--- Quote from: CorBon on December 25, 2018, 04:47:01 AM ---Regarding Pennsylvania, there are other counties.  My Lancaster one is due in April, though — so I will have to figure out where to go.  My first one was from York, before switching to Centre County — and then Lancaster.  So, I may call York around March, and go from there. Unless, of course, someone has better advice before then.

--- End quote ---

I have been getting mine at the Reading Regional Airport, Berks County has a Sheriff's office there. I was in and out quickly. I prepared the paperwork before I left home, didn't sign it until the officer told me to sign. Download the application and make sure to read the hours of operation, they close for several days during the month. 

Rick

Trapper:

--- Quote from: RLS on December 25, 2018, 06:28:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: CorBon on December 25, 2018, 04:47:01 AM ---Regarding Pennsylvania, there are other counties.  My Lancaster one is due in April, though — so I will have to figure out where to go.  My first one was from York, before switching to Centre County — and then Lancaster.  So, I may call York around March, and go from there. Unless, of course, someone has better advice before then.

--- End quote ---

I have been getting mine at the Reading Regional Airport, Berks County has a Sheriff's office there. I was in and out quickly. I prepared the paperwork before I left home, didn't sign it until the officer told me to sign. Download the application and make sure to read the hours of operation, they close for several days during the month. 

Rick

--- End quote ---

This is where I go, in and out in less than ten minutes.

SturmRugerSR9:
Y'all are missing the point. I know there are other places in PA. to get a permit. Just like there are many other states. The point is , why should we have to? For my own needs there are better states to get a permit in than PA.. For instance VA., Utah, and Texas. Do you realize that to get permits to cover you all over the US you would need permits from at least 14 different states, and still would not be covered in 3 states. It would cost you at least $1000.00, not counting time, gas, postage, finger prints, and certifications.
The point I'm making and the topic of this thread is National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation.  We all want to get a law passed to allow us to get 1 permit to carry nationwide. Whether it is from our state, or one issued by the Federal Government, or just the fact that a Constitutional Carry Law will negate the need for a permit at all. If it were up to me I would opt for the SCOTUS ruling that the 2nd Amendment makes the need of a state permit void. We had the NCCRL at the brink of reality, and the Republicans Majority (Mitch McConnell) not the Democrats (who we know would vote against it) stabbed us in the back, and let it die in the Judiciary Committee, headed by a Republican. And now with the Democrats taking control of the House and the margin slimming at the Senate, it looks like we are back to square one, and set back at least 50 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version