State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation

<< < (2/53) > >>

SturmRugerSR9:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/986/text

On March 15th Rep. Joseph R. Pitts (R-PA-16) and Rep. Lee M. Zeldin (R-NY-1) signed on to HR 986 bringing the total to 201 Members of the US House of Representatives to co-sponsor this bill.

Clarence:
I wouldn't hold my breath on this. This congress was elected with major help from gun owners and they have done zip to put anything pro gun out there.

Of course if congress did pass this bill, it would be immediately vetoed by Obama.

Our only hope is to elect a Liberty Loving Republican in November and hold the house and senate.

Oh and might I add, the next 3 or 4 Supreme Court justices. 

SturmRugerSR9:
Exactly!

rikwick:
Although I believe in National Reciprocity, the idea of it coming by way of the Fed's makes me nervous (not to be confused with paranoid).  I think the Federal government is big enough now without taking more power that should be left in the hands of each state.  I'm just saying "careful what we wish for." 8)

Hawkeye:
If there is to be such a law there needs to be some kind of protection for when you violate an administrative firearm regulation in another state.  Some states would try to interfere with legal carriers by imposing a cumbersome bureaucratic maze of rules hoping to turn legal carriers into felons and thereby intimidating legal carriers from carrying in that state (think New Jersey or Washington DC).  I could see something such as a traffic ticket type of action or something similar to a summons you can get in some places for small amounts of marijuana, rather than arrest and incarceration for violating simple, non-criminal rules.  There should also be some basic, clear cut, across the board rules that all states would have to abide by that cannot be legislated away by the states.  After these basics are met then the state can add their particular idiosyncrasies as they feel necessary. With today’s partisanship this would be nearly impossible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version