Author Topic: PA License  (Read 3028 times)

glockblocker

PA License
« on: August 18, 2013, 06:40:18 PM »
Guys & Gals,

I sent away for my PA CCW on 07/26/2013 (which was a Friday around 14:00) and received a call from the York County Sheriff Office on 07/30/2013 telling me to come pick it up, cause it was done!!!!!!  I took the hour long venture through Lancaster that Saturday morning since that is the only day you can pick up your CCW there, and I was in and out within 7 minutes!!!!!  Really DE?  Pa has their @#&% together.  Key to this whole story is that the women Sheriff Officer said to send them to a county that has fewer people in it rather than the closest PA county to you.  That is all, hope this helps 

http://yorkcountypa.gov/courts-criminal-justice/court-courtrelated-offices/sherifs-office/concealed-weapons-permits.html

finest872

Re: PA License
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:39:20 PM »
I would have to agree with you on that, PA does have it together. I did mines in Delaware county which took me 2 weeks, which i just picked up last week. But congrats and stay safe.
DE,PA CCW Permits

Kent County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:40:55 PM »
Do you have "business, family, or property" in York County (see below)?  I don't see this restriction on the generic concealed permit application form used by Lancaster County. If York is restricted, Lancaster looks better.

3. Non-Pennsylvania residents must have a license to carry a firearms from the state in which they reside and a valid state ID or Driver's License. You must also either have business, family, or property in York County. You are required to provide us with written verification that you meet the requirements and a copy of your resident state firearms permit and your Drivers License or State issued ID with your application.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

glockblocker

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »
Neither of them just need a State Issued CCW, which I sent a color copy of the front and back and that's it, no more no less

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »
Did they take your photograph?

How was it "ready" to be picked up

This might be good info for folks that can't take off work to go to Lancaster or Berks during the week
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 08:49:15 PM »
I was wondering this also so I called Centre County Sheriff's Office and I was told that PA changed their laws in 2011 eliminating mail-in applications.  You are now required to deliver your application in person per PA State law.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 12:56:21 AM »
I think the change was the photo. It had to be taken in the office by the sheriff dept camera
I looked at the York website and indeed you can mail it in but you have to pick it up in person

Looks like they want proof that you have family business or property in the county.  They also want to speak on your references as well as your employer.

You can pick up on a Saturday.  Picture was not mentioned but that is state law
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.