Author Topic: Time to make new friends!  (Read 3784 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Time to make new friends!
« on: April 28, 2012, 03:14:46 PM »
The discussions at this site are amazingly helpful so I thought, at some point, I may be able to contribute a few thoughts.  It seems like I’ve always carried a firearm and would feel lonely without one anymore.  I open carried for years in upstate New York,  carried a 1911 for 10 years in USMC, and have a CCDW from Delaware.  I’ve shot match, but it’s been a long time and still love to spend time at the range.  I’m looking for an outdoor range close to Magnolia.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Hdrules

Re: Time to make new friends!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
Good luck I wish there were one around.

fdegree

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:30:26 AM »
I don't know about Magnolia, but there is one in Bridgeville...I bit of a ride for you.
http://bville-rifle-pistol.org/

Welcome to the forum...looking forward to learning from you.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »
I don't know about Magnolia, but there is one in Bridgeville...I bit of a ride for you.
http://bville-rifle-pistol.org/

Welcome to the forum...looking forward to learning from you.

My wife and I are taking a trip Bridgeville to check this out!  She thinks its not much further than Shooters Choice.  Yea, I'll let her think that.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 11:34:47 PM »
I like shooting outdoors better than indoors. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 04:03:02 AM »
I like shooting outdoors better than indoors. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

It depends, I really like outdoors but indoors can have advantages - bad weather, electronic moving targets not having to wait for the range to go cold/hot....

Joe Cim

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »
I love the outdoors but for me I like shooting pistol indoors then again I'm not really a pistol guy. But when it comes to long gun I am all about the outdoors. I have been looking for a place to shoot my new long range AR in 223/556. I would like to find a range out to 300-1,000 yards.

I also joined this site to try to meet new friends. Sadly a lot of the people I have been freinds with for years just don't understand the things that I am into from guns to our Freedom. I enjoy hanging out with like minded people and not empty minded people...LOL

Thanks for your time.
Joe Cim
"It is better to stand for Freedom alone then to sit down with everyone willing to be a slave" Joe Cim

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »
I grew up in a rural area of NYS and would use the local gravel pit to plink and target shoot. There was always something special about actually seeing the impact value or rounds on logs, cans and wood targets.  Just can't get that at a paper traget range.