Author Topic: Versa Carry  (Read 5405 times)

jbullock

Versa Carry
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:21:54 PM »
Does anyone own a Versa Carry "clip"? I saw them online but you can't always believe what the internet tells you!!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Versa Carry
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 11:02:55 PM »
Ok here's my take on the versa carry, one, I have always been taught to use a holster that if you draw from you can easily and safely reholster, I believe that could be an issue. My other issue is putting that plastic piece down my barrel, I'm thinking if it breaks you now have an obstruction.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

jbullock

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:28:15 PM »
  I ordered one and figured that I would give it a try. The video on their website shows them leaving the clip/holster attatched to the gun and firing it. the whole thing flies out and supposedly there is no harm to the firearm. For the price I will give it a try and see how well it works.

As for being able to reholster the weapon I hope to never "need" to draw and reholster it, but if it is going to help save my life or the life of one of my family members, then the lack of ease of reholstering will be worth it.

Once it arrives in the mail and I try it out for about a month I will write back and give "my opinion" on the product. I will be uusing it with my Kahr CW9.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 04:06:02 PM »
JBullock, how do you like that Kahr CW9? Kahr makes beautiful guns, I've just been resisting because of limited capacity.
New Castle County

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
From what I can see this is just another gimmick.  I want some kind of material between me and my firearm for both comfort and protecting the firearm from sweat.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:24:04 PM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

rusirius

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 02:18:34 AM »
From what I can see this is just another gimmick.  I want some kind of material between me and my firearm for both comfort and protecting the firearm from sweat.

I agree!  I suppose if you were carrying OWB it wouldn't be an issue, but if you're carrying IWB I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be without some leather there between me and the pistol!

jbullock

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 12:06:16 AM »
   @Lumspond, I like the Kahr, the look and the feel. The limited capacity is not a strong point but I hope that is not something I will ever need to worry about and I am looking to purchase another magazine for it to carry just in case though. The trigger is different than my M&P.45 as the Kahr has a longer trigger pull, but I am happy with it. It did throw me off twice however, I didn't pull the trigger all the way and thought that it just didn't fire (my brilliant mistake). I also know two other people that own the same model and they like theirs as well with no problems at all.

I can see how the lack of material between you and your firearm may cause some discomfort. I have been carrying for a few days with it and have virtually no problems with it. I always wear an under shirt so it doesn't rub my skin. there is a trigger "guard" that somes with it but it only covers the side that rubs your pants and not the inside against your body. I am used to an OWB Serpa Blackhawk holster with my M&P so it was very different for me.

So far I like it and will continue to carry with it. It is personal preference just like owning a gun, some guys are Glock guys and others may like a Sig. For the price I figured it was worth a try and if I didn't like it then I only wasted $25 and not $100 on an expensive leather IWB holster.

czer

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:59:12 AM »
The clip sounds interesting, will have to try it. I also carry a Kahr CW9. Though I originally had trouble with it, it is now the smoothest, most accurate, softest shooting compact I own. It points naturally and is sure in the hand.

jbullock

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 12:22:14 AM »
  Ok I have been carrying with the Versa Carry clip for a few weeks and overall I like it.

There are the pros and cons however.
  The cons: It is not the most comfortable way to carry because it does not offer any protection from the weapon rubbing your side. The tension was very good at first but it has loosened up, not enough that it falls out or is even noticeable unless you are holding it upside down outside of your pants.

The pros: It is very compact and keeps the weapon very concealed. It is easy to put the clip onto the weapon and easy to use. The price point is nice too.