Author Topic: Women Who Carry  (Read 5686 times)

LMB531

Women Who Carry
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:45:03 PM »
Hi Ladies,
I've posted a few times in the past and am still struggling to find a good concealment option for dress slacks (without belt loops) and skirts/dresses. While I know some of you will say that I should only wear clothes I can carry in, I'll say I'd rather not throw out half of my wardrobe  :P. I do have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my Glock 26, but being on the petite side, I can't carry it except in the winter with a hoodie or jacket. My EDC year-round is a Sig p238 which I typically carry in a Remora Clipless Holster. This works well for the most part, but I don't feel 100% confident that it wouldn't slip out of the bottom of my skirt and hit the floor and still nothing for a dress.

So my question is specific to Undertech UnderCover Compression Shorts http://masterofconcealment.com/pgroup_descrip/104_Concealment+Clothing/7068_UnderTech+UnderCover+Woman%27s+Compression+Shorts/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D104%26_Concealment%2BClothing%2F.

Or something like the Clament Custom Thigh Holster http://stores.clamentcustomleather.com/-strse-11/Ladies-Thigh-Holster/Detail.bok.

They are very different but I think conceptually they're the right idea...I'm just not sure I could even take myself seriously with either option. Has anyone ever used either?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Women Who Carry
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 11:30:07 PM »
You could also carry in your purse. Not ideal, or fast, but better than not carrying.
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 11:31:04 PM »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

LMB531

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 11:29:38 PM »
Working in a school, the idea of off body carry is even scarier not only because of the liability "What if a student steals my purse?" but also because I would draw attention to myself carrying a purse around with me all day (not to mention kids will constantly hit me up for lunch money :P). The same goes with ankle holsters: I just can't see it being as practical as something that is a little more "on body" and within reach in an emergency.

While the flashbang and other bra holsters seem like another viable solution, they are about as 'hollywood' as it gets and I can't imagine that there wouldn't be some awkward shape that comes from having a gun shoved inside my bra cup.

The magnetic holsters are OWB so that's not an option either but I like the idea of it.

TWAW had some more practical looking thigh holsters that might be worth a shot (no pun intended)! Thanks for your help and keep the ideas coming!

Ladies if you've ever tried any of these please send me your reviews!!

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »

In a School Zone?  Reference comment from firststatefirearms in an earlier post.

firststatefirearms

Re: School zone/Campus?

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delaware Title 11 Chapter 5 § 1457 "Possession of a weapon in a Safe School and Recreation Zone"

As far as traveling on Main Street, I would imagine that you are not violating the law.  As Llong as you do not enter any real property under the control of the U of D.

The Attorney General's Office has stated CCDW Holders ARE NOT exempt to the Gun Free School Zone Law.

All Federal Goverment Buildings are Gun Free, All State of Delaware Buildings are not Gun Free.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

mominde

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 01:37:15 AM »
I have had similar issues.  I have a Sig Mosquito, pink of course, as my only gun for now.  I was planning on getting a Taurus .380, also pink, until all this mess started and now I can't get one.  :(  I have an iwb holster that I can only use with a belt or tighter waisted outfits.  It's too big and heavy for anything else.  I've been looking for a size medium sob holster but can only find a sm and lg size.  :/  I usually just purse carry for dresses.  I would also suggest a large pocket sweater or jacket.  I still have a buldge issue, but at least it's on person. 

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »
I'd be careful about SOB carry.  Should you fall on it, you'll be in a ton of pain.

If you carry in a purse, buy one designed for carrying a gun!  DO NOT put it in
there loose!  Get a HIGH end purse too.  I've seen a $150-200 purse fail (ZIPPER)
after a day of training in PPOTH (pers protection outside the house) instructor course.
The velcro ones seem better.  Also they have velcro to secure a holster for your
particular firearm.  Keeps tic tacs out of the barrel.  Lip stick out of the trigger guard.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

kimmie

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »
Good luck with whatever you find.  I'm back to looking again.  I don't often carry because I mostly go into the Kommie-land of Maryland.  But if/when I do go into DE only, then I usually have an in the back of pants holster (and sorry but can't think of the name of mine now).  After sitting however long for the drive to DE yesterday and then at that WONDERFUL 2nd Amendment rally ...my back hurt like a MF! 

I don't like the purse option and the Bra option ..sorry but I just can't visualize that.  Ok I'm chesty and hubby jokes that I could conceal my AR there.  I can see the perp when I go to pull my shirt up to get my gun, they'll be stunned in their spots because they'll think they're gonna get a show ..hmmm maybe that's a good thing? 

I'd like to see those compression shorts more or even the tshirt that's advertised with them.  My CW is the Springfield Armory XDS .45 w/Crimson Trace. 

I have to dig it up, but there was a pair of cargo style pants (or shorts) that had a hidden side access for conceal and you'd need a thigh holster to go with.  But that's not necessarily an option unless you want to wear the same thing over & over again.

I'm toying with the idea of making myself something - like a vest!
I
Retired Navy Vet, Married w/2 kids.  Work in Salisbury MD.