CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Open Carry

(1/6) > >>

Libertarian5:
So today I was at the grocery store and I noticed a woman open carrying a firearm on her 4 o'clock and my first thought was I would never do this for so many reasons and then I felt like I was judging her🤔 All the training ive done says you shouldn't but maybe I am mistaken ? What is everyone else's take on open Carry in Delaware?

SturmRugerSR9:
Open carry is legal in Delaware, just most people don' have the guts to do it. I went to Wisconsin several times in the past, where open carry is also legal. Hell, every other person carries there. Nobody seems to care.

Radnor:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on June 11, 2023, 10:50:38 PM ---... just most people don' have the guts to do it....

--- End quote ---
WRONG AGAIN!  When they were active, would meet MONTHLY for dinner.  Joined them MANY times myself.
http://www.deloc.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=41a5c6b1baec426ecdb5cf1fa1fb583c

Oaklandopen:
I've been wanting to, and have only personally witness a few ppl in recent years.  One at a Wilmington home depot,  another dropping off covid stuff where i work. I actually talked with him after my boss raised a stink about seeing it to him.  Then when I got back to my boss he asked me about looking for signs to put up saying no weapons allowed.  I quickly shut that one down because we all know a sign like that is like an illegally parked car's hazards to parking enforcement

Anyway,  the only thing that stops me is I'd rather not do it with my family with me and I don't have a good holster for my full size that also accepts the optic I have on it.  I'd love to at least start a conversation,  even though I feel like I'd get more grief around the Newark area

Till then it's IWB or pocket with my sub compact

Just Bill:
I am too old to run or fight, and I don't want to advertise, so I keep things out of sight when I can.  IMHO, open carry makes people nervous, and draws attention to you.  With concealed, I am just another person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version