Author Topic: No Friends, lol Need suggestions  (Read 2572 times)

sentinel150

No Friends, lol Need suggestions
« on: January 23, 2012, 03:11:01 PM »
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have only been in this fine state for a few years and still work in Maryland(the other California) and as I was reading the requirements for a permit I realized that I don't really know 5 people in Sussex County and the ones i do know are not the type i would be friends with considering my line of work. any ideas?

Question two would be, I am a Fire Arms Instructor in Maryland for DOC, do I still need to have the safety course?

"I don't need it, it's my right"

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: No Friends, lol Need suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »
I believe you will still need the safety class, as it dedicates half a day to rules and regs specific to concealed carry. Not sure what to do about your reference problem....
New Castle County

rusirius

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
To echo Lumspond, to my knowledge there is no exception for the class requirement.

As for references... The best advice I can give you is to make some friends fast... The 5 reference forms must be filled out by 5 people living in the same county as you.  While there is no hard and fast "requirement" for how long they must have known you, the general rule I've heard thrown around is 5 years.  From what I hear, if you have one or two that haven't known you as long it shouldn't be a big deal... but if the majority or all of your references haven't known you very long I have my doubts about rather it will get approved or not.  The reference forms do ask how long they've known you.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:56:19 PM »
Question two would be, I am a Fire Arms Instructor in Maryland for DOC, do I still need to have the safety course?
"I don't need it, it's my right"

The safety course requires instruction in state laws so you will need the course.  Delaware DOC qualify under HR218 so I am guessing that Maryland does not?

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:20:05 AM »
Remember, each application is reviewed individually.  If you get everything else done, you may want to contact the court and explain your situation.  It's possible that they could make some kind of exception (please note the "possible" qualifier).               
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."