Author Topic: PA permit question  (Read 6268 times)

Wickedrex

PA permit question
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:33:43 AM »
Got a quick question.  I'm going up to Maple grove in October for the NHRA nationals.  I planned on taking the Monday off following the race weekend.  I was thinking since I'll be up in PA and will be using my last available day off from work I should stop and get my PA permit rolling.  My question is are there any places up that way (exton or surrounding area) that I can go apply?  Or is Media still the best/closest place?  Also, what do I need to do prior or bring with me to getting non-resident permit?  Thanks in advance for info...
--Jay--

mrjam2jab

Re: PA permit question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:36:45 AM »
Swing by Lancaster County Sheriff...in and out about 20 minutes.

$20 and the application (first link) from the website is all you will need.  The 2nd link on the website...not legally required as the application is only allowed to be one page per statute. 

I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Wickedrex

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 10:38:54 PM »
Thanks for the info....  Printed out app and now in the process of filling it out.  Next question...  Does it need a photograph?  I see a box on the app for one but it says "if required"?  I mean, of it is optional I'm putting one on but I don't want to go through the waste of time of cropping another photo if they don't require or want it.  Thanks again..

Oh, one more quick one.  I see a spot on there for two references.  Does it matter where they are from like it does for DE?  Just making sure they are not requiring them to be from PA! Lol. Finally, if I just checked off "self defense" and nothing else for the reason for applying, is that sufficient enough?  I'd imagine that this is not nearly a process like DE because of the lax system they have and already possessing a permit here in DE but don't wanna waste my time by going there and having mistakes or wasn't prepared....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:51:40 PM by Wickedrex »
--Jay--

mrjam2jab

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 01:45:50 AM »

Thanks for the info....  Printed out app and now in the process of filling it out.  Next question...  Does it need a photograph?  I see a box on the app for one but it says "if required"?  I mean, of it is optional I'm putting one on but I don't want to go through the waste of time of cropping another photo if they don't require or want it.  Thanks again..

The sheriff will take your picture with their camera when you submit the app.

Oh, one more quick one.  I see a spot on there for two references.  Does it matter where they are from like it does for DE?  Just making sure they are not requiring them to be from PA! Lol. Finally, if I just checked off "self defense" and nothing else for the reason for applying, is that sufficient enough?  I'd imagine that this is not nearly a process like DE because of the lax system they have and already possessing a permit here in DE but don't wanna waste my time by going there and having mistakes or wasn't prepared....

The only requirement for the references is that they not be related to you.  Doesn't matter where they live.  Self Defense is sufficient.

Wickedrex

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 01:11:59 AM »
Thank you very much for the info.  Sounds like this will be a breeze.  That's how it should be!
--Jay--

eclipse

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 06:30:12 PM »
Finally got to Lancaster court house.  In and out in 15 min. 

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 02:28:56 PM »
I have considered going there myself. Do you have a De. permit, if so did that expidite the process? Please explain the entire process, so I know what to expect and have what is necessay, when I go. Thanks.

Willie848

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 08:24:33 PM »
Frank, take your Delaware permit and $20.00 your ID fill out there form wait ten minutes maybe Fifteen and your done. Enjoy the ride talk to you when you get back.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 03:26:21 AM »
I have considered going there myself. Do you have a De. permit, if so did that expidite the process? Please explain the entire process, so I know what to expect and have what is necessay, when I go. Thanks.

You MUST have a DE permit in order to get PA. 

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 12:35:02 PM »
Thanks guys.

scottf

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
Drove to Lancaster today (10/24) with the wife.

Walked into the Sheriff's office with the forms already filled out, but it wasn't necessary. Another person walked in behind us and they gave him the forms to complete.

Handed the clerk $20 each for the applications, driver's licenses and Delaware CCW permits. He made the necessary photocopies and did the background checks. Took photos and we were out within 15 minutes of walking in the door.  :D Very friendly office.

Why can't Delaware be this efficient?

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 11:30:16 PM »
Delaware anti-gun people don't want it any easy than it is now. I've even heard stories on this site of people at the office you go to for prints and background making disparaging remarks about all the people seeking DECCW's.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun